iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

timberking log stops

Started by sully, October 25, 2012, 09:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sully

After getting a 1600 mill and using it a fair amount I am ready to to some changing.  along with a hydraulic clamps, and toeboards, I am going to also add hydro log stops. I cant find a good pic of the setup for the stops.   If anyone has one I would appreciate it.    thanks  sully

grweldon

I'm wondering if the 1600 has the 4 stops that operate in unison from the rear at the operators panel like the 1400?  If so, seems like it would be an easy enough job to retrofit a hydraulic cylinder to the linkage that makes them operate.  Again, been a long time since I looked at a 1600 so I don't remember exactly how they are set up.
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

sully

I am sure they are the same ones. i want the stops to come straight up for several reasons,  mostly for strength.  I will call today and see if timberking has any pics.   thanks

SPD748

TimberKing's log stops operate vertically using a shaft and hydraulic motor. A length of chain runs from the top of the stop, around an idler sprocket, around the shaft, over another idler sprocket and down to the bottom of the stop. As the motor spins the shaft, the chain pulls the stop up or down. The stops themselves slide through guide blocks that are bolted to the frame. It is a really nice, solid stop system.

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

redbeard

If your manual log stops are in sequence with a lever that you operate manually, maybe you could power it with a 12 volt actuator figure out the cylinder throw and lbs. They are pretty reasonable and waterproof. I have the hydraulic chain driven type that Lee described. I can post some pics. if you want, I also have a fourth stop that I can raise but its manual. Somebody could figure out a idea for you if you post some pics of your set up I think your stops swing up.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

grweldon

I am certainly interested in pictures even though I didn't start this thread!
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Sawdust Lover

I first bought a 1600. After I ran it for a week I was trying to figure out how to make the dogs and clamp hydrolic. After looking at the cost I hooked up to it and headed for Kansas. Brought home a 2000.

sully

I know this is a long shot but am a farm kid with a welder and can make most everything work.  I was going to fabricate and make these items.  I am just afraid I do all of this work and still want the 2000.  thanks   sully

Sawdust Lover

Not sure what kind of sawing your doing but for me I can only saw about 15 hrs a week. I need to cut as much wood as I can in those 15hrs so by going with the 2000 I can almost double my production. The price was around $5000.00 more but in less then a year I have got my money back. I'm no pro on sawmills and costs of sawmills but I would think if you start adding things to your 1600 that aren't factory you could hurt your mills value. If you plan on keeping it go for it but if you do any changes and it doesn't work and then you want a 2000 you could have a hard time selling yours. Just my thought!

Sawdust Lover

Ga Mtn Man

I'll be glad to get some pics of my 2000's log stops, but it will be a couple of days before I can do it as I am presently out of town.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

sully

thanks to all.  My aviator is of myself and a friend venting a roof at a fire. My day job is a firefighter in lincoln

Thank You Sponsors!