iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It's cold, I have a cold....

Started by Norm, October 25, 2012, 04:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

So thought I'd whip up a batch of chicken noodle soup.

First make the noodles, just flour and eggs. Roll out thin and cut to size with a pizza cutter.

Cooked up a whole chicken and used the stock and meat off the bird. Everyone in the pool.

After the noodles have cooked for a while I add cream and some flour for thickening.

Some folks add veggies to theirs but I like mine pretty simple. A bowl of this while watching the game tonight is really going to hit the spot.

SwampDonkey

Wow home made noodles. I bet those are real good to. Soup looks great, but I'd have to add some carrot and tater and onion. ;) :D MMM good stuff.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Mooseherder

We used your recipe once before Norm and it came out great.
Thanks for the reminder, that looks tasty indeed.  I'll make it again soon. :)

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

LeeB

Just flour and eggs? No salt or anything else?
Soup looks really good and the noodles look way to easy not to make your own, How long do they need to cook?
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Norm

Thanks guys, Lee they probably cook for 10-15 minutes depending on how thick they are.

scsmith42

Norm, those sure look good!  I still have your recipe printed out and stored in one of my cookbooks.  As the weather chills down here, I'll have to whip up a batch!
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Chuck White

Sorry to hear you're under the weather Norm, but some of that soup will likely fix you up.

Looks good!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

clww

How do you feel today, after "self medicating"? :D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

thecfarm

Norm knows how to cook and knows how to eat. That looks good. I think about Patty just about every time I get on here. I know you think of her more than that.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandhills

That ought to fix you up good Norm, just remember though Granny always said you can't beat a little shot of blackberry brandy to get rid of the sniffles  ;D.

Norm

Well I did have a couple of adult beverages to go with it, does that count! I was watching the series but feel asleep on the couch, not enough action to keep me awake.

Burlkraft

That looks awesome Norm!

I just got done with an 18 lb batch of garlic bacon that has turned out the best yet.

Looks like soup is next.....maybe creamy baked potato  food1
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Raider Bill

Quote from: scsmith42 on October 26, 2012, 08:29:17 AM
Norm, those sure look good!  I still have your recipe printed out and stored in one of my cookbooks.  As the weather chills down here, I'll have to whip up a batch!

Me Too!  Dang simple and easy. I made some ham bone soup the other day got chilly into the 70's at night, soup weather. ;)

Are you getting your crops in Norm?

Steve, did you use the BGE?

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Burlkraft

Steve, did you use the BGE?
[/quote]

Yes I did! I am smoking the last slab right now.
If you like garlic you'll like this bacon. I had it in the fridge buried in garlic for 7 days.
Everything in the fridge has a garlic flavor now  :D :D
The slab I'm doing is hot pepper. It too has been absorbing for 7 days.
I can't wait.

Do not call my cardiologist, it's grass fed hog belly   teeter_totter

Raider Bill

You like hot?  I just got a Ghost Pepper plant the other day. Supposed to be the hottest pepper out there.

https://www.ghostchilipeppers.com/

Burlkraft

I've never had any, but I've heard they are hot, hot, hot......

Raider Bill

I don't do hot but I like growing peppers.
Do a You Tube search on ghost peppers it's pretty funny watching.

Norm

All done with harvest Bill, just field prep going on but kind of wet so just sitting around being miserable with this cold. I've heard of those ghost peppers and folks that will take a bit of one are in some serious hurt!

Steve your bacon sounds really good, never heard of curing it in garlic before.

clww

You ever watch the show, "Man VS. Food"? Adam Richmond has eaten some of those in various recipes and food concoctions. A few shows I saw I feared he was going to DIE! :o
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

thecfarm

I watched that a few times.If I pigged out on some of those food challenges I would never want to eat that food again. I had to stop watching it,because he would just about make me sick to watch him turn green in front of me. It always seemed like he would be pigging out on something I really like too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ScottAR

My friend went on a hot pepper kick for a couple years.  Tells me ghost chillies burn all the way in, all the way down, and all the way out.   :o    I've taken his word for it.   ;D
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

LeeB

I love hot peppers and would like to try them one time. The real pepper though and not some of the extract like my sone brought me. How Much hotter are they than Habaneros?
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Thank You Sponsors!