iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sachs Dolmar 133 ?

Started by lumberjack48, October 25, 2012, 01:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumberjack48

This is one saw in all my yrs of running chainsaws that i have no experience with. I have a chance to bid on one, the saw runs an looks very good, the question is what is it worth in the retail world ?
I found the specs, is it really 10 hp ?   :o I know thats what it says.

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/ed1d619968136da688256af40002b8f7/a7f2e9617b1261a788256d8200137cd0?OpenDocument

Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Al_Smith

It's highly unlikely any of the Sachs Dolmars could produce the power they were advertised at .

Like the 166 advertised at 12 Hp but it reality it didn't have any more than a 125 Mac ,084 Stihl or 3120 Husqvarna .All those are in the 120 cc range and probabley truth be known varied very little in actual HP although they might differ in top end rpm's .

ladylake

That's SAE HP, from the KW listed it would have about 6HP . Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Ianab

I think it's one of those weird HP measures?

The 4.5kw power sounds about right, which compares with the 4.6 that my new Dolmar 7900  is rated at, but that works out as about 6 normal hp.

As to what it's worth, got to remember it's probably 30 years old now...

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

sawguy21

And parts are scarce. I might offer 50 bucks just 'cause I like old saws but it would be a shelf queen.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Al_Smith

The problem with shelf queens is if you want to run them 9 times out of 10 you have to wrench on them first .On the other hand you soon become an expert on rebuilding carbs . :D

lumberjack48

The Ole girl looks good and is also running good.

Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

1270d

I don't have any experience with any sachs this big but some with the 119 120 or some in that area.  They always seemed really smooth running.   Even just pulling them over they felt different.  Does anyone know if they had heavy flywheels, or lower compression, longer stroke or something like that?  Or was I imagining it?

HolmenTree

I ran a 123 Sachs Dolmar for a day in the mid 1980's. Strong 70cc saw. I believe they had quad transfer ports which gave them excellent power.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

lumberjack48

A Dolmar 133 power head in very nice shape sold for $645.55 on ebay, 10/24/2012, $49. shipping
There were 8 bider's

lumberjack48

Well guys i got cold feet right at the end of the auction. The saw sold for $80. i'm kind of upset, but with out having hands on to check it out a guy doesn't know. In a pic its hard to tell if its had cosmetic work. Setting around 30 yrs if it wasn't taken care of, it could have a lot of issues.

I kind of feel i made a mistake  :(, the wife told me to get over it !!!!! ::)

Al_Smith

80 wouldn't have been a bad price but not to worry it's not the only one left in the world .I figured that out a long time ago which is why I don't pay much money for a saw .

Once I had some guy that had the misconcieved idea I was Bill Gates or something regarding the amount of money I have .This guy thought I might be interested in a saw . I think a Mac 700 or 850 his father was supposedly personaly presented with by Bill McCulloch .Like to the tune of a couple thousand bucks . :o

Now true I was born at night  just not last night .That trivial fact about Bill McCulloch plus a couple bucks will buy me a beer in just about any bar in Lima Ohio . ;)

Thank You Sponsors!