iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

forest friends

Started by 1270d, October 23, 2012, 06:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1270d

Autocar

Cool video, know matter where you live you can see some pretty neat stuff in the woods. Thanks for scharing Bill.
Bill

g_man

Pretty neat. I am always amazed how relaxed they are around equipment in the woods.

beenthere

I could hear a sound that maybe was made by the bull moose?
Seemed coordinated with his movements.

Not sure that is what those sounds were.

Nice to have friends visit while working.  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Woodhauler

You need to carry a gun to protect your stuff! ;D
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

snowstorm

that country looks a lot like here.

1270d

These were both cows.  Mother and yearling I think.  The sound was my machine idling and the hyd pump cycling maybe? 

This looks like maine I've heard.  Solid rock ground.

Edit.  Just re watched it. The sound is the pump for sure. 

Texas Ranger

Deer will follow in a fire lane behind the tractor, down here.  Never figured out the meaning.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

thenorthman

I've thrown sticks and rocks at deer to get them out of the way of a tree I was falling, all they did is look up and give me the "what up" head nod, ported muffler seems to scare em away everytime though...
well that didn't work

mad murdock

Very Nice!! I bet they were looking for some easy pickings following behind the processor.  I remember working in the woods in N. Wisc, in the winter, the deer would come and munch off the tree tops while we were cutting at times, easy meal.  This was in the U.P.? I knew the moose were coming back up there, but seems that they are coming back stronger than i realized.  Is there a season there on moose now? or are they still a non-hunt item?
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

1270d

Yes this is in the UP. Generally south of us41 west of Ishpeming.  There is a good population in some areas but pretty localized.  As far as a season goes, there was talk but then some of the tribes voiced some opposition aand it seemed to fall off the radar.

Most of the timber we work in winter is moose range.  One job had a 6 bull bachelor herd for close to a month.  Biggest was probably 60 " plus.

I love to see the wildlife.   Makes the view from my office windows all the better.

1woodguy

Like your friends!
I was born in the UP in the thumb
Don't get to see any moose here in oklahoma lots of deer when your dropping oaktrees before the leaves turn  did get to see elk a few times
Experience is a rough teacher first you get the test later comes the lesson!

Thank You Sponsors!