iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A quiet drive in the country

Started by Ianab, October 22, 2012, 08:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4RwI-lWdtY

In car view from a rally car touring the local back roads. Goes past the house I used to live in at 8:25.

The rally is running again tomorrow, but not sure if I'll be able to get out to watch this time.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

WmFritz

Passing in the grass... racing through tunnels?  That's some wild stuff!    move_it
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Onthesauk

What fun!  And what an incredible course! 
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Delawhere Jack

I spotted what appeared to be some nice logs off the right side of the road at 9:26 mark.... ;D

Holmes

Looks quite exciting.  Was that the complete race in 10 minutes or was there more?
Think like a farmer.

Ianab

Quote from: Holmes on October 22, 2012, 10:12:10 PM
Looks quite exciting.  Was that the complete race in 10 minutes or was there more?

Whole race is 5 days I think. On a Rally like that it's divided into Special Stages like that where the road is closed, and Touring Stages on the open roads where normal road rules apply. Each special stage might be 10 to 30 minutes and they have 5 or 6 of them during the day.

This is the Targa race, which is more about classic cars, and less about the newest WRC race cars. They don't run under full pace notes, just some "caution" notes for the worst traps. Otherwise they are pretty much driving the course blind.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Ianab

Quote from: Delawhere Jack on October 22, 2012, 10:05:58 PM
I spotted what appeared to be some nice logs off the right side of the road at 9:26 mark.... ;D

From memory some hybrid poplars waiting for someone to cut into firewood  :D

Better logs around 4:00 when they come down the hill though the plantation pine. Been pruned properly so you can see the nice straight pine trees on both sides of the road.

Ian

giant splinter

A very beautiful country and a great location for a quiet drive in the country as well.
roll with it

Thank You Sponsors!