iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

first time starting up my 6048 for the year

Started by sparky1, October 28, 2012, 11:37:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparky1

well I dont know if this is common, but wanted to run it by others and see if this happened to them.. So i fired up my central boiler about a month ago it seems now. Well anwyas i had it chucked full of kindling, cardboard, scrap 2xs. Basically a lot of stuff that will burn fast. Well anwyas i fired it up, id say with in a couple hours i was up to temp. So i opened the door up and then threw in some bigger pieces for the night. Then i went to close the door.

Now here is where the problem was. I couldnt shut it!! Im a pretty strong guy, and i didnt have enough ummph to do it. I had to wedge a 2x4 about 5 foot long in the handle and use it as a lever.. Then i got it to close. So i was thinkign great, hows she gonna do this when im gone for the week.  Well I went back out the next morning to see what i was gonna have to do to fix this. Sure enough it worked better than it ever has!!  :) I was relieved.. Has this happened to any of you guys before?? the only thing i can think is the fire was so hott that it warped the door just enough to make it hard to close..
Shaun J

Thank You Sponsors!