iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saep Teews S'mot

Started by Jeff, January 02, 2002, 12:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I didnt get a pocket knife to whittle a spoon charlie, I got an axe, in fact I had to make my own chair to sit by his fire. (I'll post a picture of that when I get the lumber we sawed off of it).

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DanG

Welcome back, Jeff. Things got a little quiet while you were gone. Looks like you fellers had a great time, and apparently ol' Tom paid yer wages right on time. That's a great looking spoon you HACKED. Looks like it would handle a mouthful of grits, too. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Gordon

Ok Jeff maybe you can tell me how he does it... Tail all day for a can of peas... Ok I just noticed the brand name of the peas. That isn't just ole store brand but the high dollar peas.

Na it's just got to be more than that.. Ok I've got it the peas aren't anything but a distracter. It's the GRITS.

Hope you had a great time in the Southland
Gordon

woodmills1

Nice can o peas but funny lookin axe :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

allyson

LOL! Woodsmill!

Tom,
We definitely want in on your secret. He's even got a smile on his face! ;)

I guess I'm gonna have to go down there myself and work for a can of peas to learn the secret?! ;)

A late Happy New Year,
Billy

Jeff

Hey my spoon does look like an axe!  Wait till you see the bench we made using the axe, it looks like a spoon. I really did have a good time down there, you can tell by all the sawdust on my hat. Someday I hope to get Tom up here and show him the miracles of Michigan. Tom, did you know we can take regular old rain water and turn it into a semi solid product that can preserve foods? We can also turn it into a complete solid from which we can create almost anything, from Skid roads to sculpture to homes for Kevin. Even one of the main ingredients for a favorite Florida beverage. "Iced Tea"

Tom

If that "stuff" is what I think it is, I tried some of it up in Georgia one time and got my feet going so fast that I outran my bo-hunkus and ended up flat on my back.  Couldn't get up either.  Maybe y'all make it better than they do in Atlanta but if it does the same thing to ice tea as it does to my shoes then I won't be able to catch the glass. :-/

Jeff

Dang, its even better then I thought. A way to speed up the south.

Tom

I don't know as I want to waste all those heart beats chasing a glass of ice tea. :)

Jeff

I found out somethun Tom.  I hung out there to long. Its something in the air down there that slows the metabolism. When I got home, I had slowed to the point that I froze my ass just going from the truck to the house.

Tom

See there...........you're saving heartbeats already and all you had was an introductory course. :D :D

L. Wakefield

Eat grits, Jeff, you'll get better. They sure are getting popular. Followed a vehicle last nite with a bumper sticker that said 'eat more grits'- and it had a Maine license plate. Dang things are taking over..  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

CHARLIE

Dang it Jeff! You got a name brand, expensive can o' peas!  I'm his own flesh and blood an' I got a store brand >:( .  I think I whittled a better spoon than yours (wish I had a digital camera and I'd show you a picture of it), but then I used his pocket knive and you had to use his ax. :o  Tom gave me a 15 minute lunch break but he counted the time it took me to whittle the spoon. So I only had 10 minutes to eat that whole can o' peas.:-/

Gordon and Allyson, I'll tell you how Tom gets people to work for a can o' peas.  He takes a person way out in the boonies to work. There's only one small windy, twisty, two rut road to get there.  The "worker" has no idea where he is or how to get back. He's......stuck.::)   So, if'n ya wanna go home at the end of the day, you work, eat yore can o' peas and work some more.  ???  I'm sure Jeff can verify this 'cause it's the HONEST truth. ;)

Jeff, I'd surely like to see that chair you made. I had to sit on the bucket of the front end loader....in the hot sun.....
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

L. Wakefield

I keep asking myself- how did you guys open the can of peas??! I came up with axe or chainsaw- neither would leave much edible material.. :D :D :D   lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Jeff

If your real carefull you can clamp a can of peas in the dogs on the baker bandmill you see pictured. You need a slow rate of feed and have to set the blade height at around 3.75 inches as not to slab the top off to thick...

Kevin

allyson

QuoteGordon and Allyson, I'll tell you how Tom gets people to work for a can o' peas.  He takes a person way out in the boonies to work. There's only one small windy, twisty, two rut road to get there.  The "worker" has no idea where he is or how to get back. He's......stuck.::)   So, if'n ya wanna go home at the end of the day, you work, eat yore can o' peas and work some more.  ???  I'm sure Jeff can verify this 'cause it's the HONEST truth. ;)
I see, Charlie. That explains it! ;)  
Gee, Tom. Those are slave tactics! >:(  ;D

Good post, Kevin. Very funny!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Billy

Kevin

Jeff

Kevin

You guys got any more pictures?   :D :D :D :D

Gordon

Yup, Kevin there is some local lodging around here. The pic speaks for it self. :D

You don't have to worry because we keep the lights on twenty-four /seven. ;)  If you would like a room, I might, just could arrange it for you. ;D

Gordon

Kevin

Gordon,

Not to worry, the Buyers Gang would break me out!

Jeff

As promised, heres the seat we made so I could sit at Tom's New Years fire. I finally got my whack o' cedar piled off from it.

marc

Jeff, where did you get the leg's, from the guy's fire wood pile down the road, :D

O and buy the way how much do you worship me. ;D

Jeff

The legs come out of tom's woodpile.

Has the U.S. closed all it's borders yet? I'm afraid there is the potential for some of those frozen illegal aliens snow shoein in across the St. Marys river.

Thank You Sponsors!