iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saw Dust Chain

Started by Prowler, October 18, 2012, 04:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prowler

Hi folks. Any recommendations for locating a sawdust chain for a reasonable price? It's for a refurbished Corley 395 Saw Mill.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Prowler, the funny thing about it is, these chains are probably everywhere, laying around a barn on a farm. And the owner has forgotten about it or does not care if someone needs it or not.  :D

I'd search the internet on the "for sale" websites. You can also look on the main Forum page and post your request in the "WANTED" topics.

Good-Luck!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

SPD748

It's called Detachable Link Chain as seen here: http://shop.farmchains.com/STEEL-DETACHABLE-CHAIN-AND-ATTACHMENTS_c2.htm

Mine is size '55'. If you have a Tractor Supply close by, they usually keep it in stock. If not, the link above has the chain and paddle attachments available. The new price looks like between $3 and $6 per foot depending on shipping and such. As with many things 'old sawmill' related, used usually works out much better :)

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

bandmiller2

It is possible to use belting for sawdust removal,I use old fire hose connected with clipper laceing.Probibly not as good as chain but it didn't cost me anything but my time to hook it up. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

SPD748

What's your location? If I decide to build a dust conveyor using belting, I'll have ~75' of #55 chain available.

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

Thank You Sponsors!