iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thank God and Seat Belts!!!!!

Started by etat, March 18, 2004, 08:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

etat

Youngest son of mine went to pick up one of my employees early this morning.  Hung the wheel off the right side of the road in some loose gravel and the tires sunk on that side sunk down.  Whipped it back, too quick. .  Got sideways and started rollin!  I'm NOT gonna preach or get mad, he came out with barely a scratch!!!!!  Scared though, I'm a hopin he'll learn from it.  Liability ins. only as it was an older vechicle.  Ugg!!!
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Stan

The fuel milage drops off when you roll the whole vehicle rather than just the round parts.  ::) Glad to hear he's ok.
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

Norm

Give em a big hug ck, I think he'll appreciate it.

etat

Done did Norm, done did!  He hugged me back too.   :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Corley5

Glad to hear he's alright 8)  One lucky young fella
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

beav

good for you for making sure he was in the habit of using his seat belts :) the secret with suv's that they suppress is that they roll very easily >:( their safety is way overrated

J_T

Yep you can always get another car . Boys are hard to come by. Thats what I told mine onetime.
Jim Holloway

beenthere

Thankful he is okay. Been through that experience twice with my son, and he is okay too.  Lost a nephew in Nov. with a roll-over of Ford Explorer (driver taking off his coat, and rolled it while apparently whipping it back onto the highway), and see that the U-Haul co. won't rent trailers to be towed by the Explorer's. Too many roll-overs are being blamed on the trailers, whereas other SUV's are not having the same instability. Something there, that Ford needs to work on, IMO, as they tried blaming the tires once before.

I don't think all SUV's are equal in that roll-over dept.
 ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

EZ

Your right on that, Thank God he's alright.

When I bought my wife a Jeep Cherokee, it had all kinds of stickers on the inside that said caution possible rollover. When we got it home my youngest daughter seen all the stickers and said, I'm not riding in this thing. ??? ::)
EZ

beav

EZ you have one smart daughter 8). the rollover thing is simple physics :P

EZ

That youngin is married now and has a little one. When they bought their new car, she made sure to tell her husband that she wanted it as low to the ground as possible. :D
Smart daughter, o-ha, she took an I-Q test about 10 years ago and got a 143 on it. And she lets me know about it to this day. :D :D She's a good kid, DanG proud of her.
EZ

beav

Haytrader

Haytrader

Tom

Sure glad he made it through that one.  Scarey when it happens to one of your kids, isn't it.  

Frickman

Glad to see the youngin is all right. Saw the same thing happen back before Christmas, but with a car. A young feller flew past the house and when he got to the mill he put the right front wheel into the ditch. Flipped that little Neon on its roof. The young man and his girlfriend were OK, but the car was totalled. Smashed the roof, hood and front fenders. When his dad got there he was all wound up, as the boy had just paid it off. I told him they make more cars everyday, don't get bent out of shape over a hunk of metal. At least the kids were alright. That didn't set too well with him. I hope he's calmed down by now. I thought I'd get to roll it back over with a tractor or the highlift at the mill, but the firemen let the rollback driver do it. I got to fetch sawdust from the mill and sweep off the road.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

RMay

cktate glad he's alright I got two teenagers driving :-/
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Mark M

That's scary! glad he is OK.

My family and I were in an accident once. Got hit broadside in a minivan. Rolled once and did an end-for-end flip. When it was over we were laying on our side with the 4 kids and my wife hanging from their belts and my mom and I were on the low side still buckled in. My mom was a bit banged up but the rest of us were OK. My tool boxes, cooler, and everything else was spread all over the highway.

Duane_Moore

:-XCk. ya know who was riding with him? Don't ya. God Bless.  Duh---Duane
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

Patty

I'm glad your son is fine, CK.  My sons are all grown up now, and I still worry about them all the time. I guess that is our job. (one I am very grateful to have, by the way!)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

slowzuki

Glad to hear you're ok, I think it will buff out ;D

Ken

EZ

I think I just got kick in the teeth, twice.
EZ

J_T

Patty know what you mean I though it would get easer it don't  My son is a cop on the night shift in a large city in a bad naborhood . Has a BS from EKU I think he majored in turning my hair grey ;D Ben shot once allready hate those four in the morning calls .
Jim Holloway

shopteacher

CK: Glad your boy and the worker are both OK.  Those seat belts do come in handy once in a while.  8)
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Patty

JT, yea, I think they pick dangerous professions just to see my new worry wrinkles!  :o   Our oldest son is a Special Investigator for the Air Force. They have kept him out of harms way so far. Some of his fellow agents were sent in to Afghanistan & Iraq, it is very scarey for old mom.
Our younger son drives a car hauler, picking up repossessed cars and wrecks, while getting his Master's degree at night. As if things weren't hard enough for him, they bounced his last two paychecks. Time to find a new job, he says. I couldn't agree more. He is too proud to accept help from his folks, says he is on his own, and will make it on his own. I couldn't be prouder.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

AtLast

Im sure you let out a BIG sigh of relief knowing HE was ok...like the others said....cars can be replaced....and he indeed learned a valuable set of lessons...
1) what NOT to do in that situation.
2) what happens when you " over react"
3)WEAR YOUR SEAT BELT
4) That his Dad loves him

Thank You Sponsors!