iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wet enough for you??????????????

Started by Woodhauler, October 16, 2012, 06:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

More Rain!!!!  Seems to be that time of year! Things are at a standstill! ::)
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Autocar

One thing about it it sure makes for some long days. Between rain and waiting for the crops to come off. Get ready, there calling for sixty percent chance on Wednesday and forthy on Thursday it should be up in your neighbor hood by the weekend. Sure is nice to schare things  :D.
Bill

rick f

I had 800 bales of straw to unload in the rain this morning. It was not fun.
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

beenthere

Small bales, string tied, and you were unloading them one by one and by hand?
That would be no fun.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ed_K

Could be worse, try playing trafic cop on a state hyw. with rain and wind and stuppidd leaf peeppers  >:( :( :o .
Ed K

snowstorm

Quote from: rick f on October 16, 2012, 06:04:30 PM
I had 800 bales of straw to unload in the rain this morning. It was not fun.
you burning blueberry ground? arent they using fail mowers on the better ground? saw a guy yesterday moweing blueberry ground with a lawn mower

dsgsr

The shorter you cut them blueberry bushes the better. The rain is making me crazy, can't get anything done with gravel or loam in the rain. This has been the worst yr. for a landscaping biz, the only work is for outa-staters and they want everything perfect.

David
Northlander band mill
Kubota M59 TLB
Takeuchi TB175 Excavator
'08 Ford 550 dump
'87 International Dump
2015 Miller 325 Trailblazer Welder/Gen

rick f

Yep , got'ta start mowing soon, then spread the straw. I'll burn in the spring.
I'm going to flail mow some ground this time.
Carpentry work has been dead here for the last couple years, out-a-state money dried up.
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

Krieger91

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. It's been raining nearly nonstop here in Michigan, after an insanely dry summer. It's crazy and driving me absolutely bonkers.

Autocar

It's been rainning off and on for two days then this afternoon it has turned into a steady rain. Like Krieger91 said dry all summer now seems like know end to it now.
Bill

James Arsenault

I'm working a high ledge lot this fall, the only greasy spot is the yard no matter how much rain we have. Started out just a little clay top grease on the yard, then I stared working down through it. Landowner plans on running a driveway through where my yard is, so yesterday he has MaineX show up and scrape off the clay, lay down a base of rock bone, with a fine layer of binding gravel. I'm back on the top again, so to speak.

Ken

We've had enough.  Our roadway is a mess and it certainly won't get any better now.  Almost finished on one job but will have to leave a bunch of wood roadside until we get some colder, drier weather.  Hate to do that but have no choice.  I'd rather not have to work on the log truck any more than necessary and wading mud to the axles does not help it's "up time".
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Thank You Sponsors!