iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pot Roast

Started by thecfarm, October 14, 2012, 11:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

I'm sick of talking about those g...s.  Big yuckers.  We are going to have the Grand Daughter and 3 of her roommates in college over for dinner. We would have more but that's all we have room for in the car. The meat about 9 pounds,each piece about 3 pounds and all the carrots,onions and potatoes are cooking together right now in a big white slow cooker. We also have some homemade applesauce too.I bet it's better than Mac and Cheese   ::) that I see by the case in thier room. That is what she wanted. I may need a place to hid to get away from a house full of women. The Wii will be in full mode too. They might be just about getting out of bed by now.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Well I'd help ya eat it, and not be shy about it. But, I'm just about to have some roast chicken breast, taters, squash, coleslaw, stewed cranberry and Lady Ashburn pickles. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sawguy21

Pot roast. YUM, one of our favorites and so easy to make. We like ours with parsnip and garlic along with the spuds, carrots and onions. Lessee, if I leave now can I be in Maine for dinner? DanG, missed the flight. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WDH

Even us Southerners like Pot Roast. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Because I am a sensitive guy, I was not not going to say it  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

They was 3 happy girls. College food is not all that good. Much better than Mac and Cheese they said. One girl said she never had home made macaroni and cheese. I know the other 3 grand kids like it out of the box much better than my wife's.  ::) We sent them back to the dorm with about 3 pounds of pot roast and potatoes and veggies. One chocolate pie went back with them too. We brought out one pie and cut it up and said we was going to send another whole pie part with them. All 3 girls lit right up and said awesome. It was a good time. We would like to have a meal once a month for them. I could hear the girls talking as they went back into the dorm about how good the food was.

Texas Ranger

My girls have been out of college, married with kids, and they still come home to let mom feed them.  Love it.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Magicman

I love pot roast too.   digin1
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

I should of invited you g....s lovers. Just have to have your bags checked at the Kittery border.

Magicman

My wife, PatD, would never make it out of Kittery.   :o   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

I would hate to be arrested at the border for smuggling, like Marcell was  :).

thecfarm

I said it wrong.   ::)   You would be stopped at Portsmouth,NH. Kittery is in Maine.

WDH

I doubt that they would not even let me get North of the Mason Dixon Line without a permit.

ashes

I just made one of these up yesterday.

Crockpot: Humboldt Grassfed cross rib roast.?
new potatoes
carrots
onions
garlic
some pepper
salt to taste
can of mushroom soup

cooked on low for about 10 hours while I was out for the day.

Sure nice to come home to.

I put the carrots, onions, garlic, and potatoes in a couple hours later than the beef so they were not completely cooked down. Personal preference.
;D 8)

For about 15-20$ i'll be eating well for a couple days. And by well, I mean EASY, and delicious.

SwampDonkey

Not too hard to eat good cook'n made with good ingredients, :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!