iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Those deer crossing signs need to be moved...

Started by Shotgun, October 13, 2012, 07:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: doctorb on October 14, 2012, 09:13:20 PM
I think she makes perfect sense.  What's wrong with you people!

Well have you ever seen a "Fish Crossing" sign?   :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Al_Smith

Quote from: Jeff on October 14, 2012, 09:04:26 PM
We have a bear crossing sign here on a trail at the cabin, and this week there was a big pile of Bear scat right under it.  :)
Well you know how the story goes about showing where the bear chit in the woods ,your's didn't follow directions

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

We have a lot of bear around here even though you may not see them when your driving down the road. I suspect there are lots of bear up by Jeff's place. They move around a lot and "most" aren't stupid about where and when to make an appearance. ;D When I see logs and ants hills have been torn up fresh and an oak tree  has been scaled, a nest in a beech tree, it puts a smile on my face. Heart gets a little racy to. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

york

Listen to her again,this whole thing is fake-i do not believe anyone could be this stupid....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI8UPHMzZm8&feature=youtu.be&hd=1
Albert

ellmoe

Quote from: york on October 17, 2012, 05:02:12 AM
Listen to her again,this whole thing is fake-i do not believe anyone could be this stupid....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI8UPHMzZm8&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

Years ago, when I was with the Fla. Game and Fish, my co-workers had a lady stop in at a check station they were manning. She stopped in to complain that the deer crossing sign down the road was poorly located. She said that "it was a very dangerous place for deer to cross and it should be moved!" So, I don't know about this call, but somewhere in Florida...
Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Jeff

I don't think it is fake for one second. I've dealt with people that could be grouped with her.  Like the lady that asked me if I could rework a photo for her, of her and her husband. In the photo, he is wearing a ball cap, but other than that, it was a nice photo. She wanted to know if I could remove the ball cap with photoshop.  I said yes I could, go ahead and email me the photo. When I got it, I replied to her asking what his hair color and style was. She replied back, dead serious, that after I removed the hat, I would be able to see the color and style of his hair. :-X
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on October 17, 2012, 02:58:21 PM
I don't think it is fake for one second. I've dealt with people that could be grouped with here.  Like the lady that asked me if I could rework a photo for her, of her and her husband. In the photo, he is wearing a ball cap, but other than that, it was a nice photo. She wanted to know if I could remove the ball cap with photoshop.  I said yes I could, go ahead and email me the photo. When I got it, I replied to her asking what his hair color and style was. She replied back, dead serious, that after I removed the hat, I would be able to see the color and style of his hair. :-X

:)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

york

It is fake-if i agree with you guys,then we will all be wrong..

albert
Albert

sawthemlogs

while riding with the wife on a 1000 mile road trip, i use to say look to the right see the black deer... :Dher response nope where is it ..and after doing this numer ous times.finally stopped in front of one before she got it...
R.D.

metalspinner

I convinced my high school girlfriend that the little reflector bumps in the center of the road are so blind people could drive. :D :D :D

To this day, I'll bet she still believes that. :D :D :D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

beenthere

But to others, she is prolly telling about the boyfriend she had that thought that way.
;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

metalspinner

:D

I should look up "Woman calls in to complain about bump reflectors in road." :D :D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

WDH

Blind people should not be driving anyway, so they should take those reflectors up  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

stumper

Well I have remained silent on this matter, but a a professional traffic engineer I must speak out now.  Deer vehicle accidents are a very real issue that need to be taken seriosly. 

Here in Maine an even bigger concern is moose vehicle accidents.  Moose vehicle accidents can and do result in deaths here in Maine.  Moose being a much larger anilmal when hit often fall through crushing the windsheild and passenger compartment of the vehicle.  Fortunay moose are much smarter then deer and do seem to respond well to training.  We have worked extensively with the Maine Department of Inland Fisheies and Wildlife to train these moose, and have installed many activated flashing lights on our moose crossings.  I am sure many of the other Mainiacs on this site have seen these signs and can likely attest to seeing these lights begin flashing atop a as they drive through rural Maine.

Unfortunately we have not been very sucsessfull in training deer or humans in the proper use of this type of activated crossing warning sign.  The deer just do not seem to push the button, and the humans push the button but to not wait for the traffic signal and crossing signal to cycle and activate.

gunman63

trapper

Just got the original clip in an email from a friend. A bit late just like the vegimite shortage in NZ.  It was on the forum a week before it was reported on television news.
Stay tuned to the FF to be ahead of the news.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

york

OK,i just found part two on my own and this is the second time that i am wrong-women are supposed to be smarter than men and ya know what?these people vote....
albert
Albert

Thank You Sponsors!