iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Broke my old record BIG TIME

Started by Chuck White, October 11, 2012, 08:52:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

This one is even hard for me to believe.  :o

This past Saturday I started a new mobile saw-job.

The starting hours on my mill hour meter was 1,854.5 and the ending hours read 1,861.0, which equals 6.5 hours all together.

At the end of the day, we tallied up the days production, mostly 2x6x12, 2x6x16, 2x8x12, with a pile of wide 1" boards in there to!

The total tallied was 2,678.4 board feet.  Doing the math, that figures out to be 412.06 board feet per hour.

I used 3 Wood-Mizer 10° blades, so that averages 892.8 bf per blade!

WOW, my best day ever.  :)

EDIT: The customer took several pics and is/was supposed to e-mail them to me.  When I get them, I'll post some pics here!  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Okrafarmer

It didn't happen until the pictures arrive.

What species?
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

rmack

The sound of someone making money is music to these ears.  8) ;D
the foundation for a successful life is being able to recognize what to least expect the most... (anonymous)

Welder Bob
2012 LT40HDSD35 Yanmar Diesel Triple
1972 Patrick AR-5
Massey Ferguson GC2410TLB Diesel Triple
Belsaw Boat Anchor

thecfarm

You was flying.   :D  Now what will go wrong on the next job? That would be my thinking about now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

Great Job Chuck!  that is an awsome day for sure. 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

slider

Not bad for an old goat like myself.
al glenn

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Congrats for sure Chuck.  That just shows what can happen in a good day.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

redbeard

Nice production there Chuck! keeping the blade in the wood will get you those numbers. Good job!
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

isawlogs

Good day for sure, always nice when all goes well    8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Chuck White

The logs were White Pine & Hemlock.

The whole job was a "no metal" deal!  8)

Thanks for the nice comments guys!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

John_Haylow

Sounds like you had a great day Chuck.
John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

Fether Hardwoods

Oh sure anyone can do that, I would like to see guy who can hit fourteen nails and only get two logs cut all day......Where is that mirror anyway.

dgdrls

That's fantastic Chuck,  But honestly I'm not surprised by this since I met you
You have your ducks in a row  for certain!!   ;)

Best
DGDrls

ladylake

All as I can say is  GREAT.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Migal

8) Great job Chuck surely you had a great off bearer they tend to be hard to find around here  :D
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

Sawdust Lover

Thats impressive! But 892' per blade, Thats really impressive! 8)

fat olde elf

Good work Chuck.  For the record folks, Chuck sharpens his own bands so he knows they are in good shape. He is also a vet of the US Air Force.....
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

Thank You Sponsors!