iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

water outlet on a lt30

Started by moandrich, October 10, 2012, 07:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moandrich

When ever i look at a video or picture of a wm mill the water hits the blade just as it is entering the wood, mine was exiting.  I changed it tonight and hope to check it out tomorrow.  Need to double check blade alignment in day light.  Was this a waste of my time?  Seems like it needed to be done, I know the first owner replaced some of the water system.

Thanx, Rich
woodmizer lt 40HD  2007
Kubota RTVX1100 2019
Kubota L3940   2009

POSTON WIDEHEAD

What do you mean by exiting? Is your drip / sprayer on the side of the blade that exits the log? Thanks.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

I don't have a WM,but mine is on the side that it enters the log. Would not do much good after the cut,I feel
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

moandrich

I mean it was dripping after the cut.
woodmizer lt 40HD  2007
Kubota RTVX1100 2019
Kubota L3940   2009

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: moandrich on October 10, 2012, 08:39:14 PM
I mean it was dripping after the cut.
You probably don't have an automatic shut off. If you don't it will continue to drip lube until you do shut it off.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

Now I gotta.  :(  Yours keep running even if your blade is not in the log. Sorry :-[
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

My understanding was that some of the earlier sawmills had "post drip".  (pun either intended or unintended,  sorry  ;D )

Probably all of today's mills are pre-drip.  A solenoid to stop the flow when not actually sawing should be easy to install.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

moandrich

I turn off the water when not needed, I was just hoping for better results with less liquid if I drip before instead of after the cut.
woodmizer lt 40HD  2007
Kubota RTVX1100 2019
Kubota L3940   2009

trapper

I switched mine to the side entering the log also after seeing this on the newer mills.  I also put another valve closer to the operator to make it easier to turn water on and off.  The second valve alows me to adjust the flow and not have to reajust after each cut.  Learn somthing new every time i go to the woodmizer open house in mosinee.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Chuck White

I think most band mills have the water drip on the entry side of the log/cant, but some that do also have a drip on the exit side as well.

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Migal

Mine use's off road diesel on entry and exit just set to drip drip drip keeps blade super clean and a drip of diesel goes along ways tank holds 5 gallons and uses maybe 1 gallon in 24hr but if not drip drip drip will get build up on pine and throw a blade quick.
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

Thank You Sponsors!