iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chainsaw driven splitter

Started by magicmikey, October 08, 2012, 10:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magicmikey

A friend dropped off a splitter he purchased at a local auction. Had no idea that someone manufactured these. Any info would be appreciated. :)
mike

sawguy21

I believe that was designed to be run by the TML saw, aka Husky 35. The fill caps look familiar.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Paul_H

I've got two boxes of Husky 35 parts for you Mike ;)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

thecfarm

Never saw one like that. looks like the long springs were added and some metal to hold the saw too. I can understand what one end is for,that's where the saw goes. But the other end has a 2 fill caps.One for hyd oil,which makes since,but another for engine fuel mix? Must have a line missing that goes into the carb,fuel tank? Or is the saw a top fill?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sawguy21

Paul I have an NOS cylinder if you want to build one. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

magicmikey

Thanks sawguy21 and Paul. I will cogitate on its restoration which might not be for long ifn Paul delivers on Sundays. ;) ;D

The fuel line and grommet are missing from the saw end, possibly a semi-permanent setup?
mike

Al_Smith

Hmm interesting .Evidently it's just using one side of the cylinder .Once you hit the power from the saw engine the cylinder moves forward .When you disengage the clutch by idling down the saw the garage door springs return the cylinder .

Thank You Sponsors!