iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to me

Started by Frickman, March 16, 2004, 06:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frickman

Was at the Stihl dealer today, and there sits a nice, used 021 for sale. Well taken care of, original chain on the 14" bar. Had been traded in for a larger saw. I've been thinking about a small saw for around the farm, carpentry work and such. The 460 is kinda overkill for cutting 2 x 4's. Is $130.00 a good price? I might stop by tommorow and pick it up.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

DanG

I'd say ya oughta be there when they open the doors!  $130 sounds like a deal, to me, if it's in good shape. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Frickman

It's in good shape alright. If it's muddy again tommorow maybe I'll go see if it's still there. I don't buy on impulse much, it's just that I'd been thinking about getting a little saw and happened to stumble on one. I don't like buying used equipment much anymore, on account I always seem to get someone else's problems. If it's still the original chain it's not even started to get broke in yet.

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

oldsaw-addict

I say go for it! $130 for an 021 is a ____ of a deal to me.
Let there be saws for all mankind!

Frickman

Well the saw was still there today so I picked it up. Cut one small birch log in two with it. It cuts nice, but real slow, course I had just set down a 460. I think it will come in handy around the farm. It sets on the back of the skidder real well too, better than a larger saw. I can easily carry two saws now, as I can set it under the 460.

oldsaw-addict

I'm glad to hear you got the saw, congratulations its a stihl! I know how you feel about it being slower after putting the 460 down, its kind of natural to feel like a smaller saw is slower than the big one next to you.but I'm happy you have a new to you saw.Enjoy your cutting with it.
Let there be saws for all mankind!

redpowerd

that saw is great to walk around the woods with, nice and light, i got mine for one ben and idont leave the six wheeler without it
i got a twelve incher 8)
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

tony_marks

well bud i know u proud o that thing. :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!