iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's with this business .

Started by Al_Smith, October 07, 2012, 09:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al_Smith

So I get this PM from a "forester " whomever that is  about being more specific about my location .Whatever that has to do with anything and danged when I respond it seems this guy has blocked my PM's .

Now if this "forester" thing is some kind of an honorary title or something then I suggest they act more honorable if that isn't too much to ask to whomever that may concern . >:(

Okrafarmer

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

tyb525

Forester denotes someone on the forum who is actually a forester. Not a symbol of honor necessarily.

It would be helpful if you did add your general location, even if it is just the state, to your profile.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

WDH

The membership is highly diverse and International.  A location helps a lot to understand the environment and perspective of the Poster.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Al_Smith

It's got the state of Ohio flag  .How specific does it have to be ?North western Ohio to  be exact 3 miles south of what used to be called the great black swamp  60 miles east of Ft Wayne Ind and 80 miles south of Toledo Ohio . Lima Ohio .What's that got to do with blocking a member a person sent a PM to for heavens sakes ? Evidently to annoy me and it did .

Mooseherder

Really?  You don't sound annoyed. :D

isawlogs

To be honest I had no clue that that was the Ohio flag, thanks for enlighting me.  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Okrafarmer

I may have known at one time. I wonder how many people would recognize the South Carolina flag if I put it up? A few might, but a lot wouldn't. Some would probably think it was a flag from the middle east, since it has a crescent moon and a palm tree.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

scsmith42

Al, I think that you received a post from a respected member here that is also a certified forester.  He has a separate post up requesting that newer folks include general location information in their profiles.

As others mentioned, having your general location listed as part of your profile allows other members to take your location into account when answering questions.  Due to differences that geographic locations has upon species, when providing advice to other members our members that are foresters will benefit from having visibility to this information when answering questions.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

js2743

i agree with al, if someone is gonna send a pm they shouldnt have theirs set to block pm's on their account so you cant pm back.   ::)

tcsmpsi

Had they blocked my PM, that would be the most opportune moment to luxuriate in the moment of freedom to disallow that to further interupt my serenity.   :)
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

SwampDonkey

Al, you having a bad day? To be quite honest I can't see where the problem is, accept I can't imagine someone blocking a response. It's not like your going to flood someone's message box.  I'm kinda thinking you got an email notification along with others possibly which is set for no replies as are topic notifications. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Weekend_Sawyer

QuotePosted by: tcsmpsi
« on: Today at 06:20:33 am »
Had they blocked my PM, that would be the most opportune moment to luxuriate in the moment of freedom to disallow that to further interupt my serenity.   :)

Wow, you sound like WDH!
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

beenthere

Maybe the first PM rec'd back wasn't blocked, but the subsequent ones were.  ??

I thought there was merit to the suggestion  that it helps to have an idea.....

When someone speaks of their weather, or their situation getting wood, or whatever.... it is somewhat meaningless post when the reader can't share in those thoughts if the location isn't there. I believe that is caring for the poster, not anything else.

If I really do care, I ask where the poster is from. Respectfully, I hope.  ;)

And hope the receiver doesn't get his/her undies in a bundle. But it happens. :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Al_Smith

Quote from: beenthere on October 08, 2012, 08:17:23 AM
Maybe the first PM rec'd back wasn't blocked, but the subsequent ones were.  ??

If I really do care, I ask where the poster is from. Respectfully, I hope.  ;)

And hope the receiver doesn't get his/her undies in a bundle. But it happens. :)
There was only one reply on my part and it was blocked .I didn't get my skivies in a knot but it did kind of irk me .

It's not a big deal but I thought I'd let the party know about it ,everybody else for that matter  too .I've never been accused of being bashfull . ;)

Never the less there it is right under my name .Flatest section of ground elevation in North America excepting the Bonneville salt flats .Amber waves of grain from here to lake Erie and the the Indiana border .

Okrafarmer

:o  Even flatter than Florida? Wow!

scsmith42

"Northwestern Ohio in the center of a giant corn field"

Al, I busted a gut when I read that!  :D
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: scsmith42 on October 08, 2012, 09:46:54 AM

;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Dodgy Loner

I didn't know that was the Ohio state flag. I also didn't know that you could block someone's PMs.
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Magicman

I could never imagine blocking PM's.  I get so many from newer members, some that have never posted, asking sawing and sawmilling related questions.  I answer them all and also encourage them to ask on the open forum so that everyone can benefit from the question as well as the answer.  Sometimes I will even go to the appropriate board or thread and ask/answer that question.  Also, other sawyers may have an idea that is better than mine, so I can also learn from them.  Sharing information, ideas, and suggestions is one of the reasons that Jeff founded this forum.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

Quote from: Dodgy Loner on October 08, 2012, 09:56:21 AM
I didn't know that was the Ohio state flag. I also didn't know that you could block someone's PMs.

Me neither on both counts.

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on October 08, 2012, 09:53:03 AM
Quote from: scsmith42 on October 08, 2012, 09:46:54 AM

;D

:D :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

red

if this is another Test my answer is Grease Gun 
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

bedway

Dang, i was born and raised in Ohio and didnt catch that being the state flag. Course im nearly an old fart. ;D

red oaks lumber

al
what happens next year if it's a big soybean field? does your address change to? i feel sorry for the mail carrier, never knowing for sure where you live :D
if this post gets your skivies bunched, roll on 1 cheek and grab a handful of skivies and pull real hard , that will make the rest of your day better :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

grweldon

I keep looking for the "like" button on posts!
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Thank You Sponsors!