iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

American Loggers-Pelletier Trailer

Started by JDeere, October 06, 2012, 08:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDeere

Has anybody bought a Pelletier trailer for hauling logs and if so, how do you like it? We are considering a 48' with a center-mount Serco 7500 crane.
2013 Western Star, 2012 Pelletier trailer, Serco 7500 crane, 2007 Volvo EC 140, 2009 John Deere 6115D, 2002 Cat 938G, 1997 John Deere 540G, 1996 Cat D-3C, 1995 Cat 416B, 2013 Cat 305.5E

Woodhauler

Seen a few around, don't know how they compare in price to other brands.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

newstick

All that I can say is you wont go wrong with the serco. The best loaders built period.
Im am owner operator of Newberg Forest Products.We are a convental logging company with a Timbco feller buncher, two John Deere skidders , a strokeboom delimber, and a Serco log loader with circle slasher saw.
In the summer time my other company builds Handcrafted Log Homes. I love the woods!

Autocar

I would think that the Pelletiers would know every weak spot on a logging trailer and would build a dependable trailer.
Bill

barbender

I'd guess that of all the truck mounted loaders around here, about 80% of them are Serco 7000s. I'd also guess that of the 20% that are running something else, most of them wish they had a Serco. I've never seen a Pelletier trailer, so I can't comment on that.
Too many irons in the fire

Woodhauler

I owned a 7500 serco, and traded for my rotobec elite 80 BY FAR THE BEST LOADER I HAVE SET BMY REAR END ON!!! I have run and owned them all! You get what you pay for! As for the pelliteir trailers , youn can only build them so, strong! Don't pay for the name!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Woodhauler

Quote from: newstick on October 07, 2012, 12:10:54 PM
All that I can say is you wont go wrong with the serco. The best loaders built period.
Do you run one for a living?????????????   Just because the area you live has many around don't mean they are the best. Is the serco dealer near you??

Mark K

Our mill was running Serco loaders on there '06 and '07 Internationals. They have three trucks and pups. They bought a '12 Kenworth and had a Rotobec loader mounted on. Driver loves the loader but is having trouble with the truck. It has worn two complete sets of drive tires out in less than 30k miles. Went in for an alignment after the first set cupped bad. Now there saying it needs aluminum rims because the steel rims are flexing and causing the tires to wear funny. I'll believe it when I see it!
Husky 372's-385's,576, 2100
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

JDeere

From what pricing I have done, the Pelletier trailers are very competative. I understand they had a few minor issues with some of the first trailers and they stood behind them 100%. They also have done some extensive testing on the highway legal trailers on the Golden Road with very heavy loads to detect any potential weak or problem areas. When I consider price, support, Maine made and product quality, it is hard to buy any other brand.
2013 Western Star, 2012 Pelletier trailer, Serco 7500 crane, 2007 Volvo EC 140, 2009 John Deere 6115D, 2002 Cat 938G, 1997 John Deere 540G, 1996 Cat D-3C, 1995 Cat 416B, 2013 Cat 305.5E

Woodhauler

Stairs trailers are maine made too!  ;D

240b

With the way things are I would think there are some really good deals on used trailers around. Sercos are leaky boat anchors. The rotobec is a far better machine, plus the parts warehouse is in Littleton.

barbender

I'm sure we are over represented by Serco loaders because they are made locally, but there are other local manufacturers (Lemco for example) that don't have near the reputation that Serco does. I've never been on anything but a Serco so I have no idea how they compare as far as speed or anything else. The only Rotobecs I've seen up here were on trucks that were movings mats for the pipeline.

chevytaHOE5674

When I was still working for the mill we had an older log truck with a 7000 series serco that was used for sorting and decking wood. We all thought it was a good loader to operate and never had many issues with it.

Then one day a few of us had the privilege to run a Rotobec elite XT and boy did it spoil us. It was fast, smooth, and just a pleasure to run. If I was going to buy one I'd want nothing but a Rotobec.....

newstick

I mainly have run Sercos bigger loaders and their 300s are the best big loader I have run.Never ran a Rotobec but have Barkos and prentices which are ok but I think the 300 serco is the best big loader out there. In this area like barbender said sercos are the most run truck or trailer mount.And wood hauler I have about 20000 hour slashing wood and most is in a Serco. Presently I am running a 430 Timbco.I have used the rotobec grapples and thought they were very well built.
Im am owner operator of Newberg Forest Products.We are a convental logging company with a Timbco feller buncher, two John Deere skidders , a strokeboom delimber, and a Serco log loader with circle slasher saw.
In the summer time my other company builds Handcrafted Log Homes. I love the woods!

Woodhauler

Quote from: newstick on October 11, 2012, 10:05:47 PM
I mainly have run Sercos bigger loaders and their 300s are the best big loader I have run.Never ran a Rotobec but have Barkos and prentices which are ok but I think the 300 serco is the best big loader out there. In this area like barbender said sercos are the most run truck or trailer mount.And wood hauler I have about 20000 hour slashing wood and most is in a Serco. Presently I am running a 430 Timbco.I have used the rotobec grapples and thought they were very well built.
And i have been hauling wood for 34 years, run every brand of behind the cab loaders made! I WILL STICK BY MY WORDS ROTOBEC IS THE ONE!

bill m

NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

barbender

I don't doubt that Rotobecs are great loaders, I've just never run one. But if someone is going to say that sercos are just piles of garbage (or leaky boat anchors) I know from experience that isn't true. Here, if you have problems or need service on your serco you can run on over to Two Harbors to their shop and they'll fix it. I don't know of any Rotobec dealers in the state of MN. The outfit I work for now is running 14 trucks, every one of them is tailed by a rail trailer with a Serco 7000 center mount on it. 12-14 leased trucks too, set up the same. If you want to haul wood in MN IMO, get yourself the truck of your choice, I'm not picky about brand but I want 500hp and an 18 speed, and a Sta-lite rail trailer with a Serco 7000 on it.

newstick

How do they say Rotobec in Maine? Ha!Ha! Go Serco! Just Kidding 8)

a old timberjack

There trailers they manufacture are the old valley trailers. Valley went bankrupt and they purchased the buisiness wen they had hard times.
H.T. LOGGING and Trucking, llc, GREENE, Rhode Island

Thank You Sponsors!