iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pavillion pics

Started by valley, October 03, 2012, 07:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valley

Have a great day unless you have other plans !!!

valley

this was the first project i did with the b-20 and it was a good one we took this from the woods to the ridgecap their is 30,000 bf of cypress in this project 10x10 post 12 ft tall 10x10 beams 4x8 trusses built on the ground with 1/4 inch steel plates we cut and drilled and painted, 6/8 cypress decking and metal roof with trusses spanning 28 ft they were heavy !!! If i get all the pics to load you will see my little escavator holding the forklift to keep it from tipping over

valley

hackberry jake

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

valley

getting a little top heavy

valley

stone going around collumns and electrical going in

valley

the 30,000 bf also incleded these 12x12 cypress 6 of them and a new ceiling under their front overhang

hackberry jake

Coulda made 3,750 full dimension 8' 2x6s with 30,000 bf. Or 800 12' 10x10s. Dunno if my math is wrong or what, but that is definately an awesome structure. 8)

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

valley

was really greatfull for this job it all but payed for the mill and really felt good to go out in the woods and be a part of the whole process but i will admit i would rather buy logs from a logger that harvesting is pretty rough on my equipment

valley

Quote from: valley on October 03, 2012, 08:24:26 PM

the 30,000 bf also incleded these 12x12 cypress 6 of them and a new ceiling under their front overhang
we did this whole ceiling in 2x12 cypress which they stained it was 20x60 with the 6 12x12 going down two sides

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

valley

Quote from: hackberry jake on October 03, 2012, 08:25:32 PM
Coulda made 3,750 full dimension 8' 2x6s with 30,000 bf. Or 800 12' 10x10s. Dunno if my math is wrong or what, but that is definately an awesome structure. 8)
math probablly right guess should of been a lil clearer actually not sure of bf in pavillion the whole job took the 30 k which also included the big post on main bld ceiling and front wall all siding and ceiling had to be 2x12 per arcitect desighn i think he was working on a cost plus deal anyway thanks for comment it really is an awesome structure especially for a first time with mill i butchered up a few pines figuring the mill out

drobertson

Nothing that can be added, very nice work!  just awsome!   Happy for you! david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

valley

Quote from: barbender on October 03, 2012, 08:42:18 PM
Very, very nice work.
thanks im just glad we all lived thru it !!!

Mooseherder

Looks like an awesome pavilion.
The stonework looks interesting too. :)

thechknhwk

That is one sweet setup!  I'd love to see a couple of pics of that outdoor fireplace.  I've always wanted to do exactly what you have done there.

Magicman

I realize that you were following that architect's design, but no overhang on the gable ends leaves those end timbers, etc. exposed to the elements.  I have seen today's Cypress not hold up very well under those conditions.  Was any preservative used?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

valley

Quote from: Magicman on October 03, 2012, 10:12:46 PM
I realize that you were following that architect's design, but no overhang on the gable ends leaves those end timbers, etc. exposed to the elements.  I have seen today's Cypress not hold up very well under those conditions.  Was any preservative used?
I thought the same thing and voiced it but he said (it would take away from the aesthetics ) kind of aggravated me this was a case of the customer being wrong but yes they did come back and seal it with a Farrell Calhoun product with a fruit wood stain next time I go out there I will get more pics

valley

Quote from: thechknhwk on October 03, 2012, 10:10:11 PM
That is one sweet setup!  I'd love to see a couple of pics of that outdoor fireplace.  I've always wanted to do exactly what you have done there.
Thanks the fireplace was made out of native sandstone I think I have some close ups of it just learning all this pic stuff

Magicman

Which is why I try not to dig too deeply into the customer's mind.  If he is willing to listen, then fine.  If not, I just saw it, get paid, and leave.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

barbender

Magic, you are a "ramblin' man" in the sawmilling sense of the term ;D
Too many irons in the fire

hackberry jake

I sure would like to build me one!

Woodchuck53

That's a nice project. All ought to enjoy that on a hot day.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

Bill Gaiche

Just love those kind of buildings. Great job. bg

Thank You Sponsors!