iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

adding jacks to a EZ Board walk JR?

Started by EZland, October 01, 2012, 01:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZland

Has anyone seen jacks added to a EZ board walk or simlar style mill.  My mill is new and love it.  I have the trailer kit, but would like to make it a little more mobile and easier to level with a jacks.  Whether be screw jack , Scissor or trailer jack.  Looking for ideas. 

EZ Boardwalk Jr. 30", Husky 455, Kioti 5010 w, FEL , And I just moved to Ohio.and still looking for logs.

God is great!  I will never be as good as the "Carpenter's Son"

tomkat001

I was wondering about exacly the same thing.
I just got my Jr. and just love it, but set up would be much eaisier if there where some screw adjusters.
I was thinking about welding somthing to the frame and setting up screw jacks with feet of some kind on them.
Boardwalk Jr. , JD 5075E with 553 loader, Stihl 290 Farm Boss,

beenthere

I think Burlkraft put hydraulic jacks on his WM. A thread on that somewhere.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

hackberry jake

Ozarkian put jacks on his jr. I'll try to find the thread
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

hackberry jake

Here is one of his pics, there are more in his gallery

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

EZland

Thanks for the photo   ,  did he say how it worked? 
EZ Boardwalk Jr. 30", Husky 455, Kioti 5010 w, FEL , And I just moved to Ohio.and still looking for logs.

ladylake

Nice job on those jacks but I'd keep them a little closer to the frame, way easier to level on a side hill.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

hackberry jake

I think he said it worked pretty good. I think he did say he wished he would've added one more set towards the middle.

board

I own the mod 40 it come with the leveling stands ,2 on each end and 2 in the middle. All it is ,is allthread. It works great. If you go to ezboardwalk web sight and click on the mod. 40 and go to bottom of page there is a pic. Hope this helps
paul

plowboyswr

Quote from: ladylake on October 01, 2012, 05:46:53 PM

Nice job on those jacks but I'd keep them a little closer to the frame, way easier to level on a side hill.   Steve
the reason those jacks were set out that way was to keep from knocking knuckles on the frame rail as the jack was operated (top wind jacks) if a different style were use say a side wind jack you could pull them in closer.
Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

hackberry jake

Being that wide would also add stability. I think if I were to do it to mine, I would do it the same way.

ladylake

My B20 has sidewind jacks close to the frame and is a LOT easier to get level on a side hill than my brother TK2000 where they are set out  about like the pics above.  Stability is not a problem on my B20.  Also I found it easy to bump into those jacks on the 2000.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Ga Mtn Man

I have to agree with Steve on this one.  The jacks on the TK 2000 (set like the pic above) are a real shin killer. smiley_crying  You do eventually get used to avoiding them.  On a mill like the EZ Jr, I would place side-winder jacks on the inside of the frame if possible. 
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

EZland

I was thinking the same about running into the jacks with my knee/shin.  Ouch. I know the tire is out that far, but that is only one thing, softish and rubber.  Other thing is to get the handle of the jack out the way of the log rolling. 

Clean Image

I found these for around $45/each and welded them on when I built the trailer for my LT-15...Could have used a smaller jack but I tend to over build.
Plenty strong and nothing moves when I roll a log up on the deck. I did weld a few small beads around the outside of the mounting pipe then grind them down to fill in some of the slop between the inside and outside diameter pipes. 

EZland

Clean, Nice trailer and jack set up.  What is the "kicker leg/ out rigger"  on the bottom?   

Ga Mtn Man

I believe what you're seeing is his loading winch in it's down position.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Clean Image

Yup, its the loading winch...swings up and locks forward into a key-way when you need it, drops down and out of the way when you don't. Motorcycle battery in the tool box runs it and a small solar panel keeps it charged.

ladylake

That's real close the ones on my B20.   Steve

Fil-Dill

I went to Lowes and ordered 6 of the basement adjustable post that were 15" and turned them upside down inside the mill, just like the 40 has. It is an acme thread and is a little faster thread and can handle the saw dust without binding up.
EZ boardwalk 40

EZland

Thanks for the comment for Jacks.  I am pricing them out.  Like lots of researching first. 

Clean,  oh, now I see the winch.  Got it.  Nice. 

EZland

Hey, thanks for the website.  They are pretty good prices. 

Thank You Sponsors!