iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pear-blueberry cobbler.

Started by tyb525, September 30, 2012, 09:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyb525

Mom just made some pear-blueberry (pearberry?) cobbler. The pears were grown right here next to the house.

MMM-mmm good!! (Sorry no pics, I didn't think of posting till I finished the last of it!)
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

sawguy21

I hate it when that happens. :D It is an interesting combination.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

sandhills

SwampDonkey

Yeah he was thinking of us alright. No pie or photos of it for the forum hounds. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Texas Ranger

On the old family farm mom and dad would raise blueberries and gooseberries for pies, dad referred to the pies as blue goose pies.  Can you say "tart"?
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

SwampDonkey

The term I have heard in recent years, is for a mixture of berries. They call it bumbleberry.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Dodgy Loner

Well, sounds better than dingleberry :o

;D
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Kansas

Now thats funny. Don't care who you are.

Have a pear tree that is the only fruit tree left standing in the old orchard. It looks loaded with pears. But its across a field of soybeans. That may or may not be harvested before a hard freeze this weekend. It appears to be loaded this year with pears.

Magicman

I'll bet that the deer know where it is.  They come every evening to my Pear tree to pick up the drops.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dodgy Loner

I am not a fan of raw pears at all. I can't stand the grainy texture. But I love me some pear cobbler. The graininess dissolves away, and all that's left is sweet, tender, deliciousness. I think that pears cook down softer and sweeter than apples do, and I love cooked apples too! Wish I had a pear tree. It's about as low-maintenance a fruit tree as you can have in the South :-\
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Thank You Sponsors!