iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help 455 caps

Started by cuterz, September 30, 2012, 07:47:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuterz

I have a 455 rancher with boogered up limiter caps what is the easiest non destructive way to remove these? Thanks

jteneyck

Not sure if Huskys are the same, but the ones on my Stihl MS-290 came off easily by turning a drywall screw into them a couple of turns and pulling with a pair of pliers.  I put them back on after filing off the limiter nibs. 

John

ladylake

Same on a Echo, drywall scew and pull.  A bench grinder takes those tabs off in a couple seconds.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

John Mc

If you are thinking of removing the caps permanently, be aware that this might cause your mixture to drift over time.  In addition to limiting the adjustment, the caps on some saws also provide a bit of friction (they used to use springs to do this).
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

ladylake

I grind the tabs off and put the caps back on, both for fricton and it's easier to get a screwdriver in the slot with the caps on.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

banjerplayer

drywall screws ..... i use 'em fer everything.
Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

John Mc

On one of my saws, I was able to trim the caps with my swiss army knife without removing them. Can't remember if it was my 357 XP or my 2152
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Thank You Sponsors!