iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A farmhouse table inspired by WDH!

Started by scsmith42, September 29, 2012, 11:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Quote from: Lud on October 01, 2012, 08:30:56 AM
Real nice, Scott.  It moved me too.  I read this section every day for inspiration .  Danny's work moves me too.  Every day I have movement is a good day........ :D :D

David,

I hope that you can read this section REGULARY and maybe your movement problem with go away.  If not, they sell stuff for that.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

scsmith42

There sure are a lot of folks up in Washington DC that need a "movement"....

both figuratively and literally!   :D
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

WDH

Scott,

Can you expound on the inscription on one of the inside aprons?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on October 01, 2012, 08:26:10 PM
Quote from: Lud on October 01, 2012, 08:30:56 AM
Real nice, Scott.  It moved me too.  I read this section every day for inspiration .  Danny's work moves me too.  Every day I have movement is a good day........ :D :D

David,

I hope that you can read this section REGULARY and maybe your movement problem with go away.  If not, they sell stuff for that.

:D I was just poking at ya......you know that.  say_what

Ya'll kill me building stuff I can't build.  >:(

One day, I'm gonna show up with a Shiplapped, Cherry,Walnut trimmed Rabbit Box.....that'll show you.   smiley_nananana
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Hey, I used to make rabbit boxes!  I can't wait to see yours  :D.  If they are anything like your benches, they will be exceptional.  Several of your benches looked alive, like they would walk off.  You may have to chain them, but remember, you can't catch a rabbit with your dog tied  :D.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on October 01, 2012, 09:45:39 PM
Hey, I used to make rabbit boxes!  I can't wait to see yours  :D.  If they are anything like your benches, they will be exceptional.  Several of your benches looked alive, like they would walk off.  You may have to chain them, but remember, you can't catch a rabbit with your dog tied  :D.

Dear Mr. Danny......this is David's dog "TRIPOD". Just because I have 3 legs, it don't hender me from keeping them benches from walking off. AND MY CHAIN IS LONGER THAN YOURS!  smiley_nananana
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Hey, we have a little tripod, too.  She is a beagle. 

hackberry jake

Woo whee! Beautiful... And the table ain't half bad either. 8)
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

opticsguy

1/3 tung oil, 1/3 BLO  1/3 spar varnish

What is BLO?

Do you mix this just prior to using or can you mix this up and store until needed?
TK 1220 band mill,  1952 Ford F-2, 1925 Dodge touring, too many telescopes.

Okrafarmer

Quote from: opticsguy on October 01, 2012, 10:57:05 PM
What is BLO?

I think he means Bar Lubricating Oil. But I call it Bar & Chain Oil, or BCO.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

WDH

Boiled Linseed Oil

Okra,

You must be from Maine  ;)

Okrafarmer

Quote from: WDH on October 01, 2012, 11:01:12 PM
Boiled Linseed Oil

Oh, ok, but maybe you should try it with bah and chain oyil sometime. You nevah know, it could be a real winna.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

scsmith42

Quote from: WDH on October 01, 2012, 08:50:05 PM
Scott,

Danny, there are two inscriptions.  One is a personal note from myself to my niece, the other is a legend that lists the type of wood used and the makeup of the finish (for the benefit of any future craftsperson that refinishes / repairs the table).

scsmith42

Quote from: WDH on October 01, 2012, 09:54:04 PM
Hey, we have a little tripod, too.  She is a beagle.

Due to my wife's proclivities of rescuing and repairing critters, our farm is like the "land of the broken toys".

We not only have a tripod dog, we have several tripod cats, a bipod cat, multiple one-eyed cats, two deaf cats, have previously had deaf dogs, one eyed birds, the list goes on and on.

Life is never dull!

scsmith42

Quote from: Okrafarmer on October 01, 2012, 11:05:08 PM
Quote from: WDH on October 01, 2012, 11:01:12 PM
Boiled Linseed Oil

Oh, ok, but maybe you should try it with bah and chain oyil sometime. You nevah know, it could be a real winna.

Nah, I'll stick with the boiled linseed oil.  Bar and chain oil might look tacky....   :D

Okrafarmer

Don't knock it til you've tried it. On a small scrap of test wood, of course.

Warbird

Quote from: scsmith42 on October 02, 2012, 06:18:48 AM
Quote from: WDH on October 01, 2012, 08:50:05 PM
Scott,

Danny, there are two inscriptions.  One is a personal note from myself to my niece, the other is a legend that lists the type of wood used and the makeup of the finish (for the benefit of any future craftsperson that refinishes / repairs the table).

That is really cool.  Nice work on the table.  It's beautiful.

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: scsmith42 on October 01, 2012, 08:31:33 PM
There sure are a lot of folks up in Washington DC that need a "movement"....

both figuratively and literally!   :D

Scott,

If I recall correctly, Arlo Gutherie had a song about the Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacre Movement. Maybe that's what we need.

Herb

metalspinner

Nice job, Scott! :)

It's nice to use up the "scrap" pile sometimes. :D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

SwampDonkey

Yeah, that scrap pile builds up after awhile. I find it to be a great source for turning material as long as it's 1" thick min. I made a small table once from walnut ends and drawer faces on a bench from other pieces. I don't have much walnut, in fact I think I only bought 8 - 6" wide boards and that wood has found it's way into a lot of pieces, including inlay. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Al_Smith

Very nice table indeed and I might add very sturdy too .

jamesamd

Scott,that table is very sweet!!!!
Great job man!
Jim
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

scsmith42

Thanks all for the comments.

I have another project underway; this one is a combination of "scrap" and "Junk" wood.  Pix to come...

Okrafarmer

Quote from: scsmith42 on October 15, 2012, 10:32:02 AM
Thanks all for the comments.

I have another project underway; this one is a combination of "scrap" and "Junk" wood.  Pix to come...

Oh, that sounds great! As long as you don't include any reject wood.

Okrafarmer

BTW, not to derail the topic, SCSmith, but I thought about you yesterday when I saw a somewhat large black cherry tree with a 4-foot wide crotch. It ain't for sale, though, still growing in somebody's yard.  :-\  I was imagining what your mill could make it look like.

Thank You Sponsors!