iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ba-BOOM ! >more like WHHOOSH

Started by sprucebunny, September 29, 2012, 04:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprucebunny

This contraption is setting up in a field near me  ;D

I heard they have some targets but I'm not sure where they are yet. I can't wait to hear it  8)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

thecfarm

Pumpkin chunking????  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sprucebunny

You got it !!!

I hope to get more pics tomorrow.

thecfarm

Don't they use ALOT of air to do the job now? Smile for the cameras too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sprucebunny

ALOT of air ! That is a massive Sullair compressor>> triple axle ! Bigger than the units we used to charge the snowmaking system years ago. Should make a satisfying WHOOSH and echo off the hills  :)

isawlogs

I am almost tempted to take a drive down and have a looksee !!!  I saw those on tv, man do they make a pumpkin travel...  :D :D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

sprucebunny

I was reading their blog... they shot a punkin more than 4000 feet last year and only got beat by 4 feet at the big competition.

thecfarm

Marcel,are you in a straight line from her place? You may have pumpkins on your front lawn.  :D

SwampDonkey

You guys sure know how to play down there south of the line. ;D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sandhills

We have an annual punkin chunkin festival about 10 miles from where I farm but sad to say I've never made it, always during harvest you know.  This year with the drought and early harvest I hope to make it, they shoot those babies a long ways and it's really turned into a big event over the last few years.

P.S. I could really use that combine in the background, it would greatly improve my odds of making it to the the chunkin  ;D!

sprucebunny

Another rainy day here, but they were chunkin away !
It's not very noisy, I'm a little disappointed... Guess I've lived in a black powder neighborhood too long  :D

I made a video but can't get it out of the camera ::) I'll try for another video or pic in a while.

The combine is gone today. Hope it's not a target  :o  ;D

thecfarm

Seem like I saw this on The Discovery or history channel last year. Not much noise,but the flight makes up for it.

sprucebunny

Pretty much like golf to me: I can't see the pumpkin !!

I went to another spot where I thought they might be coming back to earth but I haven't seen one sign of a pumpkin, yet  :D

isawlogs

Ray, I have a few pumkins of my own here in the garden if push comes to shove, I can defend myself.  ;D :D

I saw that on discovery also, some of those cannons where awsome to look at  8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Cypressstump

WOW !

Out of fear for my fellow cajun rednecks down here, Ya'll keep that monster up there!

Down here, someone would sure enough be last heard saying. " hey Bubba,here,hold my beer while I climb in this thang'... You pull tha' trigger for me... ::)
Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

Jeff

Almost every year the guys from Myth Busters go and do a special of the World Championship Pumpkin Chunkin contest in Delaware.  Its pretty good show. Some of those guys have a ton of money and a ton of time invested.

http://www.punkinchunkin.com/
http://science.discovery.com/tv/punkin-chunkin/
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!