iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New client

Started by Ron Wenrich, September 29, 2012, 08:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okrafarmer

:D :D :D
Government thinking for sure. If they didn't work for the government, they at least are city people, I think.

At 17, I worked the summer for a man of Italian descent who was originally from somewhere in Boswash, probably NYC by the accent. Can't remember all the details now. He was an iron fister, and all the kids who worked for him hated him and/or were afraid of him. Even many of the adults. His attitude was, "You get it done whatever it takes, you have to find your own way to do it, and it is up to you to see to it that it gets done without blow-ups or legal trouble, no, I'm not supplying you any additional tools or supplies, and when it's all done, it better be done the way I wanted it done, or you are in big trouble." All while only giving the sketchiest of instructions.

We kids speculated that he had been under the thumb of the Mafia in Boswash and took out his frustrations by finally being able to control people like he had been controlled for years. Of course his Italian heritage and New York accent helped to accelerate such rumors.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

beenthere

Quote from: kilgrosh on April 12, 2013, 07:45:59 AM
Were all these people/managers former government supervisors? Because, they sound like all of my bosses.
    Typical Gov't Supervisor Thinking
    Supervisor - "I bought this equipment for you to use. Be happy."
    Worker - "It won't work but thanks."
    Supervisor - "Make it work."
    Two months later, Supervisor is promoted and the proper part is ordered.

You summarized that pretty danG perfect.  Right down to the award or promotion.
Could add  "one year later (end of budget year and all extra money has to be spent or lost), the replacement equipment is purchased and the cycle starts over"
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ron Wenrich

I was always at a loss of why I was even there.  I know I found a bunch of parts and told them where things went.  Simple things like the pantograph or the track cleaners or the saw guide. 

Management is always tough to figure out.  Seems like everybody wants to be the boss. 

I have a sign that says "Do you want to talk to someone in charge or someone who knows what's going on". 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Seaman

Ron,
Thanks for the thread, it is helping with my operational planning for my small op. I might start a thread on my plan just to get all this free professional advice! ;D 8)
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

Thank You Sponsors!