iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Attacked by a peavey?

Started by Pete J, March 15, 2004, 11:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete J

Man arrested for stabbing another
GREENWOOD — A man was arrested Monday for allegedly stabbing another with a log rolling tool in the K-Mart parking lot.
Sheriff's reports said witnesses saw a 25 year old male, of Belton, strike another man with what appeared to be a large stick or pipe. The other man appeared to be unarmed, reports said.
Deputies learned the item allegedly used in the assault had a handle and a six-inch-long point on one end, reports said.
The assaulted man suffered stab wounds to his head and back and the assailant suffered a stab wound to his upper left leg, reports said.

Jeff

jeez, I hope it wasn't well built and blue. :o ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Fla._Deadheader

I TOLLLLD ya them Peavey's wuz dangersome ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Tom

So are motorcycles, Harold.   A few years ago a fellow with a passenger on a bike was doing over 100 mph, one night,  on a big city street here when a gal pulled out into the street with her car.  She saw the bike but it was about 3 blocks away.  The bike T-boned the car.  Killed the bike rider and his passenger,  Wounded the car driver.  Yep, those bikes are dangerous. :-/ :D

I'll bet the aluminum handled cant hooks are re-e-e-a-a-a-ally dangerous.  If you were to slam someone on top of the noggin with one it would leave quite a knot.  Probably wouldn't break the handle either, like it might a hickory handle.   ;D

I wonder if the one piece peavies are more dangerous than the two piece tips. :D

They used to tell us that spinach was good for us when I was in elementary school too.  Now I find out they are full of a deadly poison.  If you eat about 3 tons of them at a sitting, they will kill you.  

It's a wild world, eh? :D

Actually, I think it is the K-Mart parking lots that are causing it all. ::)

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Pete J

You'd think if you had to attack someone, a peavey wouldn't be the weapon of choice, would it? Could be he was just tired of attacking people with more traditional weapons and he just wanted to mix it up a bit.

Ianab

I'd suggest there wasn't much thinking involved here :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Tom

I wonder if there might be a specific brand that is more conducive to being a weapon than another?  Do you reckon there is a technical bulletin on it somewhere? :D
I have 4 Dixies cant hooks and wouldn't want to get in a fight with one of them......too heavy. ;D

dutchman

I wonder when they'll start a Federal Peavey Lic. and registration program.
Or maybe a Federal Peavey Tax.

shopteacher

At least he wasn't charged for carrying a concealed weapon. ;D
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Stan

Did you notice only one man was armed, but both were stabbed.  ??? You don't think the guy was tryin' to commit suicide, and the other fella tried to stop him, do you? :o
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

Duane_Moore

:D :D :DStan, that just goes to show ya, ya can never trust a peavey, they may turn on ya at anytime. :D :D :DDuh---Duane
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

Tom

Suicide by Peavey.  Now there's a thought :D

Frank_Pender

Dutchman, you cannot have a tax until you have the congressional hearing, so the folks running and  on the hearings committe have time to set u a program in their home states to recieve all of the funds gathered, such as special programs in state hospitals etc to "handle" just the peavy and canthook injuries as well as mental research to determine  wide and broader issues of the "cant/peaved syndrom". ;D

then, of course, you hve to have the establishment of  the regulatory department and it headquarters as well as where are the regional offices going to be sited.  I want one for the Pacific Northwest.  I will build the building and have the Fed. Govt. sign a 99 year lease with an option for 99 more.  that was when the bottom falls out of the timber industry I will still be recieveing the rent and so will my decendents.  This whole thing is beginning to grow just like a real bureaucracy.   That is ok, because there is income security for my decendents.
Frank Pender

Frickman

People don't kill people, peavies do.

If you ban peavies, only criminals will have them.

Would this apply to cant hooks too? They have a sharp point on the hook after all.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

L. Wakefield

I will still vote for my personal favorite of a 7" circular saw blade thrown as a frisbee with teeth  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

SawBilly

Ya could just throw a folded up band saw blade at them, and ask them to open it for ya  :D :D :D

L. Wakefield

OK, now you got me thinking- the best way to use that would be to have the end weighted the length determined and you'd have to practice a bit- lasso with teeth. Get it bit into jeans cloth and you'd bring em down in their tracks. Without practice, you might hook yourself and THAT would be embarrassing.

Should we have a section at the picnic of forestry weapons?

As a farmer I've always had a fondness for yer basic pitchfork.

Barbed wire would probably make a fair snare. God knows it's got the better of me a few times when I was supposedly in control of the situation..

The meanest thing I ever did to a cow (not counting slaughter) was when this idiot (but very sweet) cow would NOT get her nose out of the way where I was trying to drive a stake into the gound to thether her. I had a maul- something between 5 and 10#- and I just, without thinking, gave her a little tap on her skull. I mean a LITTLE tap. Her eyes crossed and her knees started to buckle. I was appalled- thought I'd kilt her, and she was my best milk cow. She came out of it, and we both had more respect for the maul after that.

Their skulls sound very hollow.   lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

slowzuki

Quote   gave her a little tap on her skull. I mean a LITTLE tap.

Thats how the neighbour kills em'!  5 lb on the noggin!
Ken

Percy

:D :D :D :D :DThese informative,educational,intelligent threads are my favorite :D :D :D :D :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

neslrite

I just read a large goverment study that said blue has a calming effect. :D :D
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

shopteacher

I guess better by a peavey than a peavert. :o
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Frank_Pender

Thast is why the older homes had a blue ceiling , so that the yello jackets did not come in and build a nest on the cieling.    ;D

That must be were the several million dollar study came from the Federal government.  
Frank Pender

jimbo

OSHA will be haveing us put guards on them now   ::) ::)

Furby

That's all this guy did, L.
He gave the other guy "just a little tap on the head".  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!