iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A note to Jeff Brokaw

Started by Jeff, September 27, 2012, 08:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I happen to own my name as a domain name, jeffbrokaw.com. I got this note about it today and found it humorous and answered it accordingly.  :)

On 9/27/2012 4:58 PM, Jeff Brokaw wrote:
> Hello Jeff Brokaw!
>
> Jeff Brokaw here :) I was wondering if you are interested in selling your domain name jeffbrokaw.com? My son (also Jeff Brokaw) is doing a blog for school and is bugging me to see if I can get the name.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jeff Brokaw
>

Hello Jeff Brokaw,

Jeff Brokaw here. I guess I would entertain an offer for jeffbrokaw.com.  I acquired jeffbrokaw.com by waiting almost ten years for the first Jeff Brokaw who owned jeffbrokaw.com to either forget to renew it or Die. I sure hope he didn't die and he just didn't renew it as there can never be enough Jeff Brokaw's don't you think? The problem here is, the more Jeff Brokaws there are, the greater the demand, and the more the name might be worth.

By the way, I am in northern lower Michigan. Where is this other grouping of Jeff Brokaws?

Sincerely, Jeff Brokaw
www,forestryforum.com

P.S.
Say hello to Jeff Brokaw for me eh?  ;o)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

:D :D :D :D.....Will the real Jeff Brokaw, please stand up.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

The real Jeff Brokaw IS standing up because he can't sit down right now. LEG CRAMPS UUUGG. I overdid a bit today. Since most of my maladies seem to be over, I decided to get back in gear and get back in shape. 

My phone is my personal trainer. :) I hope it don't go and pith me off!

http://runkeeper.com/user/jeffbrokaw/activity/121110394

fishpharmer

:D :D
Maybe you could rent or loan it to the kid for the school project. You might even be kin somehow. ;)  Don't know if that's possible (rent or loan part).

Neat app.

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Jeff

There is over 30 feet difference in elevation from the the lowest place I was on mine to the highest place on Pete and Lynda's today. Never would have thought it was that much.  :)

WDH

A Note to Jeff Brokaw.....Don't over-do it  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Okrafarmer

As I read the note you sent to Jeff Brokaw, I was thinking you were building up to giving him a little more clue as to approximately how much compensation it would require to acquire the desired address.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Jeff

He is asking me to sell my name. I'm sorta interested in the continuing negotiations. Its kind of an odd  thing to be bargaining over. Which one of us will put the higher value on it. Jeff, or Jeff? :)

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Jeff on September 28, 2012, 12:35:03 AM
He is asking me to sell my name. I'm sorta interested in the continuing negotiations. Its kind of an odd  thing to be bargaining over. Which one of us will put the higher value on it. Jeff, or Jeff? :)
inquiring minds seriously want to know.  :o
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

SwampDonkey

If your using a GPS on that gadget for altitude, be aware the consumer grade GPS is 3x exaggerated. I would guess 10-15 foot range. I recall a big dip back from the moon shack that rolls off that grown up pasture into the cleared field. The field is kind of sunken in relation to the ground around it. ;) I've sampled the front of mine 5 years ago and no change bigger than 5 feet, which fits. But if I was to go back to the brook it would sink 10-12 feet.

I should inventory and update my thread. The front of mine was measured 5 years ago. Trees there sure have grown a lot. I like tracking the rate of growth. Back then it averaged 2.5 cord/acre. :D I've always said 0.5-0.7 cord/year was par for growth for here. I would expect the high end because it's been thinned.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!