iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

long stuff

Started by petefrom bearswamp, September 27, 2012, 06:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petefrom bearswamp

Had a guy bring a 27' hemlock 8X10 foot beam to have cut into an 8X8 piece.
Didn't take long once i got it into my 24' shed.
got good $ for it too for 1/2 hrs work.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Meadows Miller

Gday Peter

Sounds like a good little job Mate  ;) I had a laugh to myself as blokes like us are use to getting long stuff through a narrow gap in a mill shed  ;) ;D ;D that new site I have is a different story all together thay only have to get 12' logs  into a 20' gap and they still banged that side of the mill shed up pretty bad over the years  ??? ??? ::) ;) :D :D :D

Regardsa Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

drobertson

If I may post, I built my shed with two 14' doors, one twenty foot log hole door, and a 12' door. When said and done, take away half a 6X6 on each side and the numbers are just a bit less. So, yep there is some banging around from time to time,  specially when the outside has stacks that prevent the needed wiggle room needed for the angular entry/exit.  24' and up would be a real challenge.   So good job on the completion, and the cash reward as well.   
'
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Cedarman

We just sawed 3  34' and 3 32' and  5 28' .  They had to go through a 20' opening.  Sawing 34' on a 22' mill is challenging.
Custom sawyer, why isn't your mill closer?
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Thank You Sponsors!