iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hello from the magnolia state

Started by valley, September 26, 2012, 09:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valley

I have been milling with a timber king b-20 for a few months now am kind of new to this computer stuff but am really enjoying this site and all the info on here. I have been building houses for 20 years and have always enjoyed building all wood. I am enjoying this mill and plainer ( woodmaster 18" ) just thought it time to introduce myself and say how much I've appreciated this site I'm currently building a mill shed and got a lot of ideas from here will post pics when I figure out how
Have a great day unless you have other plans !!!

thecfarm

valley,welcome to the forum. You will like it here. We are here to help others.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Meadows Miller

Gday

And Welcome to The Forum and what Cfarm said  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8)

You have a good mill there I dont mind the B-20s a mate of mine has one here I play with every now n then Mate  ;)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

fishpharmer

Valley, welcome to FF from over in Meridian.  We have several members from around the state of MS. 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Paper Maker

It's good to have another B-20 man on board. There is a great bunch of people here and a wealth of knowledge. So welcome to the FF.  smiley_grin 

Tom the Sawyer

Valley,

Greetings from another B-20 owner.   8) 
Mine's a 2007 model.  Welcome to the forum.
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

redbeard

Welcome valley I have a 2006 B20 its a fun mill, enjoy it every time I run it.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

dgdrls

Good morning and welcome Valley.
Great group here.

DGDrls

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum!

This is a great place with lots of info!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

wwsjr

Welcome Valley. I am just up the road from you.

Willie
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

downsouth

Hello Valley,
  welcome to FF. I'm still pretty new also.Trying to learn as much as I can and this site is the best place to get GOOD info.

taylorsmissbeehaven

Welcome Valley, There is always someone here to help figure through a problem. What a great group of folks! Brian
Opportunity is missed by most because it shows up wearing bib overalls and looks like work.

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

tcsmpsi

Welcome to the forum.  I believe quite a few folks here are...similar.   :)
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Sixacresand

Welcome Valley,  Lots of information and experienced folks here.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Sawdust Lover

Welcome aboard Valley, This is a great place to chat with pros and beginers. I've learned more here in a month then I learned in a year sawing solo. Check out my gallery you might be interested in my sawmill shed I built.

valley

Thanks for all the welcomes I had looked last night and saw several views and no hellos was starting to wonder if it was something about ms or the b-20 and glad to know I have some others in this area look forward to getting out and meeting some of y'all

sawmillhand

Hello valley   welcome to the forum  i am not far from you at all just across the way  in Enid ms , I dont have a timber king  I have a woodmizer. good to know a fellow sawyer is close by. We all bleed saw dust lol no matter what you use.
1990 woodmizer LT40 Hyd  2004 Ford F350 Flatbed. Plenty of tractors.

nas

Welcome Valley
Most of us aren't too good on the computers either.  We like our sawmills better :)

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Red Clay Hound

Welcome valley!  We like Mississipians, especially if they have sawdust in their veins and eat grits! :D
2007 Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic with 51 hp. Cat; 2007 Wood-Mizer EG200 Twin Blade Edger; Woodmaster 718 Molder/Planer; Stihl MS460 and MS362 Chainsaws; 2011 John Deere 5065 with JD 553 Loader

valley

Quote from: sawmillhand on September 28, 2012, 01:57:37 PM
Hello valley   welcome to the forum  i am not far from you at all just across the way  in Enid ms , I dont have a timber king  I have a woodmizer. good to know a fellow sawyer is close by. We all bleed saw dust lol no matter what you use.
.   Yes this is good news I actually live just across the lake ( mud line ) you wouldn't happen to know any local loggers that I could buy cedar or Cypres sfrom ?

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, valley.  I look forward to hearing more about your sawing operation.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawmillhand

Quote.   Yes this is good news I actually live just across the lake ( mud line ) you wouldn't happen to know any local loggers that I could buy cedar or Cypres sfrom ?

Man i cant say i do. I am actually looking for some oak myself to cut and build my house with.
1990 woodmizer LT40 Hyd  2004 Ford F350 Flatbed. Plenty of tractors.

valley

Yea seems to be one of the challenges ( biggest at that ) is finding a steady source for logs I got lucky over the summer was able to trade on some standing cypress I cut and sold eighty thousand bf of cypress beams out of it but that's all gone now but I still have people wanting timbers

valley

Quote from: Magicman on September 29, 2012, 09:36:12 AM
Welcome to the Forestry Forum, valley.  I look forward to hearing more about your sawing operation.   :)
. I have read many of your post magic man just now noticed your a fellow msipian

Thank You Sponsors!