iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmizer setworks issue

Started by JustinW_NZ, September 23, 2012, 06:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustinW_NZ

Hi all

One of the last issues im wanting to fix on my 'new to me mill' is the fact the setworks doesnt work.
Its a '97 lt-40 Super
Its the original setworks and has the litle reluctor? wheel that goes up and down the chain to determin where it is.
NOT the modern transducer

Now ive checked the lead - its good pin end to pin end..
Ive rebuilt the reluctor as it looks like someone bashed it end on with something ages ago and it seems to look ok physicaly (could still be stuffed though if the electrics are dead)

Now my question is, if you have one of these and unplug your lead, turn the mill on does the screen show the - symbol as in it thinks the heads traveling downwards? (all the time)
Mine does if the reluctors plugged in OR not, so im slightly suspect that maybe i need to pull the setworks board out and check in there.
My logic would say with no signal coming in the setworks would think its just stationary and show no symbol?

and two...

Is there a test for the reluctor(?) to check if its working ok?

Thanks in advance!

Justin
Gear I run;
Woodmizer LT40 Super, Treefarmer C4D, 10ton wheel loader.

drobertson

Justin, sorry to here this, I just have to say, if you can, get the accusset 2, about 2k american, and you will be in, or go stictly manuel. just saying, the electronics are critical, need 12-14 volts all the time, I have seen these counters on older stuff back at the mold shop, I would go modern, and be done with it, you won't be sorry, fast and accurate. just costly. You have to make the call on what you want to do. On my mill, voltage is an issue, and it has to be constant. 12v plus, or the thing goes crazy,  all things considered, good connections and the unit like it works like a champ.  I hate these issues, and the wife too.  go accusset 2 and be done. Let them know you are doing this for a living! seems to help the urgency.   Let us know, brother! no time to be wasted on negative thoughts,    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

JustinW_NZ

Yes, i have been running manualy but do like the idea of the setworks to aid in productivity and consistancy.
Im not against upgrading it BUT being a new venture it needs to make some money first to pay for these expensive add-ons.
Thanks for your comments  :)

Cheers
Justin

Gear I run;
Woodmizer LT40 Super, Treefarmer C4D, 10ton wheel loader.

sparks

Here is how you can check the encoder.
With the key on press the up arrow, then press #2 and then press #3. A diagnostic screen appears and you will see "DIFF". As you raise and lower the head the numbers should be changing. If they are not it is a bad encoder. If they are changing then it is a bad circuit board. Thanks
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Thank You Sponsors!