iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Egg drop soup

Started by Den Socling, September 23, 2012, 05:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den Socling

Did you ever hear of Egg Drop Soup? I haven't had a cold for a couple years. Kissing my Grandson's gave me a doozy. Patti said she was going to make some Egg Drop for me. Nothing has tasted good to me for a few days and the name "egg drop" didn't sound appealing. According to Patti, it's the Italian version of Chicken Noodle Soup. It's a cure all. It turned out to be very good. I ate 3 cups. And it did clear my sinuses and relieve my sinus headache. I don't know the recipe but Patti gave me the basics. You start with some meat broth. Patti used chicken today. Then she beat eggs with grated cheese and added the mixture to the hot broth. Then add some finely chopped vegetables. She seasoned with garlic. That would clear the sinuses! Three cups cured my chills. I feel better than I have since Thursday. Maybe it was the egg drop soup.

Den Socling

This is pretty funny. 27 views! Egg drop sounds as good to you guys as it did to me.  :D

DanG

I've had egg drop soup many times in the Chinese restaurants, but never tried to make it myself.  It ain't that much different than good ol' Campbell's chicken noodle.  If you want to get some discussion going, post your recipe for Birdnest soup. :o :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Mike@Norwood

Heard of it, had it, and grew up on it. Good stuff if you ask me

Mike at Norwood

ashes

Sounds like pretty good stuff to me (then again what doesn't)!

Glad you're feeling better, and if it's because of that soup that sure is a selling point.

Weekend_Sawyer

Den, can you ask Patti when she puts the egg in? I know you said basically in the middle but I always heard you put the eggs in during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Kinda like when you are cooking with shrimp. Mmmm, just had a thought, shrimp egg drop soup!

with grits!
;D Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

WDH

Den,

I love egg drop soup!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!