iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT50 Up/Down chain replacement

Started by Nomad, September 20, 2012, 06:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

I've just ordered a new Up/Down chain to replace one that broke on me yesterday.  (I'm fairly certain I know why it broke, so that isn't an issue. :-\)  Well actually it is an issue, but a different one. ::)
     The question is, are there any things I need to know about to replace one? 
     Looks to me like it should be pretty straightforward; block or chain the head up, unbolt and remove the old one, thread the new one in , bolt up and tension.
     Any special issues with Accuset 2 that need to be addressed?  I'm assuming the relationship between the sprockets needs to remain as it is now.  Is that critical?
     I haven't removed the pieces of the old one yet so answers to some of these questions may be obvious when I do. 
     It broke just above the rail, right about where somebody would stick a crowbar to pry out a chunk of jammed bark. >:(
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

submarinesailor

Quote from: nomad on September 20, 2012, 06:19:04 PM
It broke just above the rail, right about where somebody would stick a crowbar to pry out a chunk of jammed bark.

Do we need to ask or are you going to fess-up????? ;) ;) ;) ;) :D ;D

Bruce

Nomad

Hey, if I'd a done it I would've just kept my mouth shut! smiley_ignore   :D
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

slider

If you are having any sluggish issues with the head going up ,now would be a good time to check the air springs inside the mast .I had to replace all three.What a difference it made.If you do make sure the head is all the way to the top and chained off.Just went thru this if you need help pm me .good luck   al
al glenn

customsawyer

I don't think the sprockets have anything to do with the accuset. The accuset works off of the transducer.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!