iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Selling Cants in NW Illinois and Western Iowa, Southern WI

Started by Linne5, September 19, 2012, 05:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linne5

Hello! We are a new sawmill located in NW Illinois. We run a portable Dixon sawmill.  We are trying to find people that buy softwood (cottonwood) and hardwood cants. We can also cut any size wood a person needs. Can anyone please help me? I have called almost every pallet company in the area! Thank you!

beenthere

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

It seems to be a tough economy to market wood, and a lot of people would like a better cant market.

You probably already know that from reading such on other threads on this forum. A search of the subject should get you some additional reading.

Have you had such markets and lost them, or are just beginning to saw out cants?

What are the pallet company's telling you?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ladylake

Most likely they pay about as much as the logs cost.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

hackberry jake

If the cant market tripled tomorrow for everybody, I have a feeling there wouldn't be as many posts to read. We would all be out rolling in the $$$ and sawdust.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Thank You Sponsors!