iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Happy New Year!

Started by Bibbyman, January 01, 2002, 05:58:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

Where is everyone?  You'all party too hard last night?
[shadow=orange,right,300]

8) 8) 8) 8)
[/shadow]
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Gordon

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Party to hard, na we did the same thing as last year and the year before. Drank sparkling cider with the kids. The kids love it and think they are just hot stuff drinking out of the fancy glasses, u know the ones. They are glasses that sit all year in the back of the china cabinet, just waiting for new years eve. Well at my house anyway they do--sit there gather dust and wait for new years eve that is. :D

What we used to buy was the non-alcholic champane. The kids would drink it but really didn't like it. I really didn't like it either. So we switched to the sparkling cider. Much better choice if I do say so myself.

But this year I was alittle upset, well not really upset but sad is a better word I guess. Cuz the bottles although they looked like they had corks only had caps that you open with a bottle opener. Takes half the fun out of it.

So at new years I didn't get to blast the cork at the ceiling fan just was able to give alittle pop with the can opener. But if that is my worst problem for the new year, guess I'm doing pretty darn good. 8)

Oh and just in case anybody else gets the idea for the sparkling cider and fancy glasses for the kids. Here is a key rule. Once they all start to make that humming sound by running their fingers around the rims of the glasses it's time to put the glasses up till next year.-------Never should have taught them that little trick. :-X

Hope everyones year is better than the last
Gordon

Tom

I wish everyone a

Happy
and
Prosperous
New Year

We had our yearly bonfire and Jeff and his family stayed for it, but had to go to bed early because of the storm coming through Georgia that they needed to beat home.

My son and his wife came over but left early and all the others who usually attend have apparently found other entertainment.  We replace alcohol with hot dogs and soft drinks at our party and I guess they have found "more lubricating" parties elsewhere.

Surrounding neighbors in the woods set off rockets and firecrackers all evening and we enjoyed that but went to bed early and slept through the arrival of 2002 as it passed here.  

This is going to be an interesting year to write, it has  only two numbers in it. ;D

RavioliKid

Happy New Year to all of you!

I am happy to be back in relatively snowless Kalamazoo, after spending the week in BUFFALO, NY!

I hope the coming year is full of blessings and pleasant surprises for all of you!

;D
RavioliKid

DanG

Happy New Year to all of you fine folks!
We celebrated at some friends' house, with a bonfire, lots of laughs, some great food, fresh oysters, and a few adult-type beverages. Took my Stepson along as a chauffeur. He owed it to me, after mistaking my garden hose for a chunk of firewood he was trying to split with an axe. :D
We spent today on the road, but you'll have to go to the Sawmill Forum to find out about that.  ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

woodmills1

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

i spent the eve and the day flat out, got the dreaded stomach virus, and let me tell ya you don't want it.  102.5 fever, no strength and many many trips.  but seems to be better today so here is my late new year greetings
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Jeff

We spent New years eve as Tom mentioned, building fires and chasing armadillos, great fun! I am sure Tom is glad that I finally left, he was probably tired of hearing "What's that?"  :D

New Years Day was spent traveling. drove straight through from Florida to Michigan in 19 hours. Some day I am going to spend some time in the Appalachians.

Swamp, I hope all of Ohio don't smell like Cincinnati, no wonder you choose the woods. Got that smell again through Detroit but not quite as bad.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Jeff

I can't believe you drove all the way non-stop. Three in a pickup for 19 hours straight is enough to breakup a marriage. :D

Did you all three get there or is somebody walking :D :D

I watched the news folks talking about snow in Atlanta shutting the city down. They said it looked like Grits blown with a big fan over in Alabama.    It got really cold right after you left and started raining last night.  It hasn't stopped yet.  I've tried to get some saw jobs lined up and those I can reach say, "not in this mess".  The one I showed you that had the chicken houses has tentively scheduled next Monday.  I'm hoping the rain will quit and I can get Mr. Tommy's logs in St. George this week.  Hopefully Mrs. Tommy's bronchitis has subsided or we'll be eating in the restaurant.

I shoulda' broke down the mill Monday while you were there to help.  The area where it is setup is sopping wet and spongy already and I think I may have to get a tractor to pull it to higher ground so the truck won't get stuck.

The only good thing about this rain is that water doesn't Stack nearly as high as snow.   ;D :D :D

swampwhiteoak

QuoteSwamp, I hope all of Ohio don't smell like Cincinnati, no wonder you choose the woods. Got that smell again through Detroit but not quite as bad.

Naw, don't all smell that bad.  Or maybe I've just gotten used to it ;).

Got stuck in cincinnati on dec.26 for 5 hours as the town was paralyzed by 1 inch of snow at rush hour.  You'd think it was freaking Atlanta!

Jeff, you just traveled my most unfavorite route in the country top to bottom, I-75.  (well, I guess I-95 is probably worse but I haven't traveled that one much).  I usually spend the whole time cursing stupid Michigan drivers as they clog up the highway coming back from their holiday trips.  (Oh wait, maybe this isn't the right forum to express this opinion ;D)  Well, I'm sure you weren't one of 'em since you made it back in only 19 hours ;).  You should definitely stop in the southern Appallachians some time, it is my favorite spot in the country, bar none.

Happy New Year to All

marc

Happy new year all, I know it is a little late but I went to NYC for a few weeks and just got back a few hours ago.  

allyson

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!

Glad you had a good time Jeff.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Billy

Jeff

Rav, I was thinking about ya, and your family in Buffalo WHILE I WAS VISITING TOM IN [shadow=green,right,300]FLORIDA[/shadow] glad your home safe, I hope you had a great Christmas!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Don P

Happy belated New Years!
 I've been finding new and creative ways to crash computers for the holidays apparently. I got the laptop online this morning and in the process of trying to get some needed drivers to get the home pc working again have apparently infected it,go figger :-/.
Jeff, feel free to stop in the Blue Ridge anytime, we'll send the dogs out after another coon ( I was reading Blackhawk's autobiography this summer and he  would tell of when friends would come "putting on a dog feast"!). I was going to suggest the Parkway on your way home but it takes enough time to be a trip on its own. ;) Then there's Skyline Drive. Then you're at Ron's doorstep.

RavioliKid

Jeff,

I am from Buffalo. Seven feet of snow is nothing!

However, I have to go back to Fort Erie, Ontario - just over the border from Buffalo. A cousin passed away on New Year's Day and the funeral is on Saturday.

Luckily, there is now weather in Ontario. Just check your local television station if you doubt me!  ;)
RavioliKid

CHARLIE

Rav, I'm looking out my window and we're having weather here in Minnesota too! :o  In fact, if I remember correctly, we had weather out there yesterday and I'm pretty sure we're gonna have some weather tomorrow. Actually, I can't remember a time when we haven't had some weather of some sort. What I can't figure out and has me totally baffled, is how Ontario can be without weather (You said Ontario now has weather...so I figure they must have been without weather before that). I just can't figure those Canadians out. They must have learned the secret of how to have weather and not have weather. Is oxygen present without weather? ::) :-/ ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Thank You Sponsors!