iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dino blade tooth setter

Started by drobertson, September 18, 2012, 05:06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

Is there anyone that is using this blade setter?  Just brain picking,   It is made by Baker  I am thinking. 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Chuck White

There are a few here that use the Dinosetter, I just can't think of who they are at the moment.

Do a search for Dinosetter.

Many of us list what we have for equipment in our signature at the bottom of our posts.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

amberwood

MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

drobertson

Thanks amberwood, got that video feed,  I was needing to speak to someone that has fought the fight on the offsett of the teeth. I ran one today after three adjustments, not bad, just want to tweak it better.  I am in for a night of tweaking and running I suppose. It almost seems like there is a glitch, either in the bands I have or the mechanism that does the setting.  If I don't watch each tooth and start the rapid rotation of the handle, I will at some point notice that the offset is off a tooth.  I thought, hoping someone had the same unit and has figured this out,   photo coming of the setter.   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

hamish

Try slowing things down, the indexer kinda likes about 60-80 rpm, so basically one revolution a second....a slow second. 
All it takes is one tooth thats damaged to skip the sequence.

Are you setting before or after sharpening?
Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

ladylake

Make sure the rod that pushes the tooth is coming back far enough to catch the next tooth, there's a adjustment on that rod.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

ladylake

Quote from: ladylake on September 18, 2012, 08:50:12 PM

Make sure the rod that pushes the tooth is coming back far enough to catch the next tooth, there's a adjustment on that rod.  Also check the spring that pushes it back, strong enough and not gunked up .   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

drobertson

Hey guys, just got back. and as usual forgot the camera. But, I think I have it figured out. I did my first wmz blade, and was skeptical but man this is killer. the baker did a job, and the dino was spot on. Now I have to go help a buddy with his 70 in the morning.  Thanks for the help, and just for the record, speed is a factor. I think you really need to keep an eye on the  strokes or it will jump, or miss, however you describe it, but it can cause a major issue with the set if it get off.  Thanks again y'all,  good night.

ladylake

If your cranking a Dino setter slow bend the spring that holds the push rod down so it holds it down a bit more.   Steve

drobertson

Thanks steve for the interest,  I have been running by the seat of the pants.  this thing has a few minor issues, such as, on the setting set screws, the one the pushes the set going away from the operator is hitting this lil spacer, a flat piece of some kindof  black material. And the main arm that holds the set screws  seems to be bent causing this misalignment.  I ground down the set screw to clear the  pad but now it is changing the area of contact on the tooth,  I got this for free, and it has worked, but very time consuming get an accurate set. I will continue to work with it, and by some new blades. I can usually run 3 to4 resharpes before the set starts to become an issue. Just for what it's worth here is what this thing looks like.

ladylake

Post a couple more pics from stright above and from both side if you can, I've never had trouble with the set screw the push the teeth hitting anything.  I did braze some t handles on those set screws too make adjusting easy. Also on the hieght adjusting rods.  Steve

drobertson

Steve, will do, raining like crazy now, this pic was from my first posting, but I never put it on the post. If you look at it you can see the black piece I mentioned.  I will get some of the different angles you mentioned tomorrow.  Thanks again.  I set one wmz blade and it kicked butt one cooks super sharp and it kicked butt, then another super sharp and it kinda $!!# it up. So Not giving up,  have a good week,  david

Thank You Sponsors!