steve phillips

hey all
heres my 1st board and cant cut
used very crooked and twisted log i had start off learning lol

if its not broke dont fix it !!!!

hackberry jake

Looks like a pretty good start to me.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Ga Mtn Man

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

fishpharmer

The first board milled on your own sawmill is always the best, no matter what it looks like!

I don't think there is a cure for the milling bug. 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

drobertson

Awsome picture, wish I had my first one on camera.  Get ready for many more!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

dgdrls

Your done now ;)  sawdust everywhere :D

Congratulations  DGDrls

WDH

Hopefully it was not pecan or hickory  :-X.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Before you know it, the phone will ring and some customer will want 100 of those "FIRST" boards.  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Leigh Family Farm

Sweet as! (don't know why I'm speaking Aussie) Nice cut and I'm sure more are in the future ;)
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

Okrafarmer

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Meadows Miller

Gday

Top Job keep em coming Mate  smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

lyle niemi

This winter when I run my first log through the old mill I was pretty dang nervious, didnt know what was gonna come flyin apart...lol

bandmiller2

Save your first board and first dollar made milling, and hang them up. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

thecfarm

Oh what a feeling. Many more to come.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

steamsawyer

Quote from: bandmiller2 on September 13, 2012, 07:44:21 AM
Save your first board and first dollar made milling, and hang them up. Frank C.

Hey Frank,

I got a chuckle when I read this... I was so proud of my first board... The plan was to make a sign with it and hang it on the mill. Then later when I wasn't looking somebody cut it up an fed it to the boiler. :D :D

Alan
J. A. Vance circular sawmill, 52" blade, powered by a 70 HP 9 1/2 x 10 James Leffel portable steam engine.

Inside this tired old mans body is just a little boy that wants to go out and play.

Great minds think alike.....  Does your butt itch too?

Alan Rudd
Steam Punk Extraordinaire.

Meadows Miller

Gday

Sad story Alan  :( but it happens  ;) I still see all the timber I first cut including the first board from when Dad Let Me Loose at 12yo its 2000bft of Natural Eddge Weatherboards i drove past the other week and thought bloody hell its been near on 20years since I cut that in 93  :) :) :) ;) ;D ;D

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

taylorsmissbeehaven

I saved and dated my first 2x8 to hang over the mill when the shed is done. I noticed last weekend that it was leaning dangerously close to the wood stove. In my neck of the woods the stove wont be needed for several more weeks but move it now and dont worry later!
Opportunity is missed by most because it shows up wearing bib overalls and looks like work.

bandmiller2

Alan "mans best laid plans" I hear you mine was lost to history too.Back in the eighties set up my first circular mill,first board was 1/4" thick,figured if that came out even and consistant I'd set up right,it was, but a few thou differance end to end.First buck,I think that bought a cigar. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!