iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bike trip 2012

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, September 11, 2012, 08:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

Diane and I are gearing up for our bike trip this year. I have had some very good rides this year and am looking forward to this one. I just finished the 30,000 mile maintenance on the bike and I think I got everything topped off with the correct fluids. ::)

We will start off Thursday afternoon and head for Ocean City bike week but only for a day, I'm not much for crowds. Saturday morning we will leave OC and take 13 south, cross the bay bridge/tunnel at the mouth of the Chesapeake bay, ride down through the outer banks and spend the night on Ocracoke Island. Sunday should find us tooling down 17 to Charleston SC. Monday we plan on having lunch in Savannah and dinner with Customsawyer Jake and his wife Lorraine! 8) I am really looking forward to this as Danny, WDH, and, his wife, Mrs WDH will be joining us. Tuesday we will leave the Customsawyers and make our way over to Danny's to see his operation. After that there isn't really a plan we have the rest of the week to make our way up to West Virginia where we are attending a Woodland Owners woods walk on Saturday.

That's how we have planned it, it's the most planning I have ever done for a motorcycle trip. The main plan is not to be in a hurry. We want to take as many back roads and side streets as possible.

Today I should receive my replacement Android phone. The last one went for a swim in the Baltimore Harbor last weekend. Not a healthy idea.  :D With some luck and practice I am hoping to be able to upload pix directly from the trip.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Raider Bill

Have a safe and enjoyable ride!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Roxie

This must be Diane's first long trip on the bike?  Have a wonderful time! 
Say when

Weekend_Sawyer

over the 4th weekend we did a 3 day 800 mile trip around PA with 100 degree temps. In spite of the heat we had a very good time. We decided we like riding together. :)

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Magicman

Sounds like a fun trip for sure.  Last time I saw your bike it had a chainsaw tied to the back.  I guess for this trip the chainsaw stays home  ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

rockman

No better way to vacation than by Motorcycle( in my opinion). Enjoy your trip, take lots of pictures or video. We were watching sone of ours from years gone by, great memories.

Kevin
kioti ck-20 loader backhoe, box blade, disk, log arch
Husqvarna 455 rancher
Lincoln Ranger 10,000 welder

Burlkraft

Sounds like a great trip Jon  8)

Have a good time and be safe
Why not just 1 pain free day?

moosehunter

I hope you have a great trip! Wish i was going. Oh well, someday.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

SamB

Neat ferry ride from Oracoke to Cedar Island, open water for about 2 hours. If memory serves me correctly, there's a good seafood restaurant in Morehead City, hope you have nice weather and safe travel. Thanks for allowing us that don't get out much to share in your adventurous travels :)

WDH

Jon,

Really looking forward to seeing you and your honey!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Weekend_Sawyer

Absolutley Danny, course I can't bring my chainsaw this time  ;D

I am putting together my last minute stuff and waiting for Diane to get home from work. We hope to launch this trip around noon.

Magicman

:)  Have a fun filled and safe trip, my friend.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Weekend_Sawyer

Testing adding pix from my Droid

RynSmith

Magicman

That is getting nowhere fast, but it should get plenty of noise per gallon.   ;D

Weekend_Sawyer

That is the easiest way to clean a bike. Sit on a bucket, have a barley pop, clean bike, repeat. ;D

CHARLIE

Have a fun and safe trip!  Watch out for the cars and trucks 'cause they sure aren't watchin' out for you. 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Den Socling

I'm really envious. It's a beautiful time of year to ride and I have a stoopid cataract.  >:(

Have a fun trip and may it be safe!

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

WmFritz

QuoteSit on a bucket, have a barley pop, clean bike, repeat.

Seems I wax my bike more then I actually ride it. :D
I'm envious too. I wish I had more time to see some of the country you'll be going through...enjoy!
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Weekend_Sawyer

We had fun in ocean city. Outfitted Diane in fullocean leathers. Started south this morning. Destination for tonight is Ocracoke island Nc.

Weekend_Sawyer

We spent the night at a B&B on Ocracoke. Hoisted a glass to Patty. Today we are headed for charleston Sc.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

submarinesailor

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on September 16, 2012, 07:52:34 AM
We spent the night at a B&B on Ocracoke. Hoisted a glass to Patty. Today we are headed for charleston Sc.

We love Charleston, SC....was stationed there for just over 6 years.  Had a nice house out in Goose Creek.

Bruce

Thank You Sponsors!