iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

576XP

Started by KyLogger, September 06, 2012, 10:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyLogger

The more I use the 576 the more I wish I would have replaced my 044 with a 460. I just ain't happy with the total lack of low end torque this thing has. My little 361 has got more when the dogs are sunk in (24" on both full skip chain) Now granted I haven't got to fell much with it as I am working in tornado damaged timber, bucking off the rootball, trying not to get killed topping 10' off the ground. Maybe my opinion will change when I leave this blowdown temporarily for a 22 acre STANDING TIMBER!!! job (it will feel like vacation) Sorry to get so excited but I haven't hardly cut a standing tree in 2 months. So............anybody wanna trade??????  ;D

Tom
I only work old iron because I secretly have a love affair with my service truck!

HolmenTree

The 361 has more torque then your 576XP?? ???
Is the 576 an AutoTune? If it is take it back to the dealer and get it re-programmed.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

HiTech

I have run 576 XP's and they will cut circles around a 361. Even if it is auto tune running it for a few minutes cutting several big blocks without letting it go back to idle should reset it. Perhaps the spark arrestor screen in the muffler is plugged. That will seriously dampen power. Be careful in that blown down twisted mess...it is extremely dangerous stuff to work in.

KyLogger

I didn't literally mean the 361 would out cut the 576, it is just the Stihl seems to have noticeably more lugging power down low (comparatively speaking) The Husqvarnas I have run seem to definitely have more on the top end, and it's not that I dislike the 576XP (not auto tune) it is a good saw, and I have not run it side by side with my 044 (cause it's fried :( ) but I am pretty sure the Stihl would eat the Husky alive in hardwood. Cutting pine and poplar where little or no boring is required than I think the 576 would shine! I don't know, I really would like to score a 460 anyhow.

The one thing that amazes me about the 576 is how clean the air filtration system runs, no comparison to the Stihls!!

Just my .02 cents,
Others mileage may vary

Tom
I only work old iron because I secretly have a love affair with my service truck!

Cut4fun

Just to show 2 different saws run back to back and how I viewed them once.

576xp reg carb on first tank

MS460 on first tank

The 460 felt like a gutless saw stock JMO the 576 had more torque in the cut then the 460 and 372 that day. Just different saws and different operator came up with different opinion of them. 

The 460 really needs the pencil eraser exhaust outlet open up and a DP cover IMO

JohnG28

I just grabbed an MS460 the other day at a local shop used. Looks rough but looking forward to running it soon. First thing I asked was to throw in a DP cover. Got the saw and cover up for $300, picking up next week. I've run an MS660 before as well and thought it could probably us a DP too. Nice running saw for sure but at 91cc I expected more. Same deal with my MS361, DP made a LOT of difference.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Al_Smith

Just as a rule of thumb you can gain more power by a simple rework of the exhaust systems on most models than you can with a rework of the porting schemes .To do the later you also have to do the former .They get loud and use more fuel .As the old saying goes it takes fuel to make horse power and there is no such thing as a quite saw with a lot of power .---ear plugs ---

weimedog

Quote from: KyLogger on September 06, 2012, 10:05:09 PM
The more I use the 576 the more I wish I would have replaced my 044 with a 460. I just ain't happy with the total lack of low end torque this thing has. My little 361 has got more when the dogs are sunk in (24" on both full skip chain) ;D

Tom

Is that an Auto tune? I have a co worker who just picked up an Auto tune version of the 576 and says exactly the opposite. Wonder if yours has an issue. Maybe just needs break in time? Chain maybe? My co-worker replaced an old 044 and Jonsered 70e with his. I never ran one so I personally have no reference. I have run 044's, 460's and own a 2172 along with a 365/371 hybrid saw. Don't think I would switch,,:) Actually have seen  and clocked many timed cuts at my place and the all time stock saw power monster is this basically stock 372XT (Has a slightly modded muffler)..(You know who u r!  :) ) That thing handily out cut all the other stock 70 to 75cc saws that have been here..and that quite a few of all the major brands. It has built a reputation out here in the North East GTG's I think as a sleeper...but that isn't a 576XP standard Husqvarna....don't know much about them.
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

HolmenTree

I own three 2009 576XP AutoTunes, which only cut for 3 hours a year at a chainsaw speed cutting competition I put on every Feb. at our winter festival.

My previous saws when I had a Stihl sponsor were 046 /460's. From looking at my records from over the last 14 years the 576XP AT outcuts the Stihls in the 10"X10" spruce .

Only had 2 problems with the 576's one wouldn't idle [had to replace the micro processor] and the other needed it's throttle linkage replaced from problems with binding on the 2 barrel carb.
The 576XP AT  is a strong running saw, always set's itself to run the best it can.

But this unit is now old technology, I now own a 562XP AutoTune 60cc for my main work saw and this is the best saw I have ever run. It may not outcut the 576 in the 10X10, but for a 12.5 lb saw who cares.
Now Husqvarna needs to develop a 72-75cc in this design. :)
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Thank You Sponsors!