iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

any loggers around or near morehead ky.

Started by bigred1951, September 06, 2012, 05:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigred1951

first post here just thought id see if there is any loggers around my area. i live in morehead ky. always wanted to go into logging so bad i cant stand it haha. papaw and uncle had an old circle sawmill but uncle sold it after my papaw passed away. there still is an old circle mill in the woods by my house that was last run before my time and im 21. i was told it closed after a man got his arm cut off at it. well thanks for listening to me guys. ill be glad to hear from anybody

Mark Wentzell

Hey big red, I don't know anything about kentucky ( Except the chicken) but there is a member KYlogger in morgan county Kentucky Don't know if that's near you or not. You should head over to the sawmill forum ( if you havent already) , lot's of great info on there for getting that old mill going.

Kemper

Western Kentucky here, around Lake Barkley, Eddyville, KY.

Bill Gaiche

KyLogger

That's me  8) Morgan county is adjacent to Morehead (Rowan county) "Hardwood Capitol of the World"!!

I know alot of fellars from over in Rowan county, used to rent a farm in Clearfield several years ago.

Welcome to the board, don't let these guys scare ya', we can be a little rough around the edges but we mean well;)
Lots of good information on here and lots of knowledgeable individuals (I can hear the heads blowing up now) Ask questions, give answers, be the peanut gallery etc......

Tom
I only work old iron because I secretly have a love affair with my service truck!

bigred1951

yea kylogger im over in morgan co pretty often..have family up there..was up there just last week cleaning out and trying to organize the basement of the police station, man was it a mess..

timberjackrob

i live in casey co. welcome to the forum i went to lumber grading course in morehead back in the late 80's i loved it up there we toured several of the mills in the area havent been back since but wud like to get back up there sometime.
208 timberjack, woodmizer lt28,case 455 trackloader with gearmatic winch,massey 4710, ford f250s ford f700

WH_Conley

Bill

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Kemper on September 06, 2012, 08:27:37 PM
Western Kentucky here, around Lake Barkley, Eddyville, KY.

I looked at some land in Trigg County, not far from you. Nice country there. My parents live west of you near Murray. If my circumstances change for the better, I wouldn't mind buying a place up that-a-way. Kentucky is an awesome state.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

timberjackrob

Quote from: WH_Conley on September 10, 2012, 10:02:02 PM
Rick Bradley's class at VoTech?
yep thats the one i think it was in the fall of 1988
208 timberjack, woodmizer lt28,case 455 trackloader with gearmatic winch,massey 4710, ford f250s ford f700

WH_Conley

Bill

Thank You Sponsors!