iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Logrite Website has been Launched!

Started by Jeff, September 05, 2012, 11:35:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I'd been sort of nagging Tammy and Kevin for a few years to let me get my hands on their website, and finally, they gave in to me. :D  Anyhow, I'm happy to announce the launching of the New LogRite Tools website at www.logrite.com

I's like to encourage Forestry Forum members to go take a look around, and sign up for an account. The new site has a facility to review tools, and I'm hoping as many Forestry Forum logrite tools owners as possible go over and create some tool reviews for products. You need to have an account to create a review.  Creating an account simply give the website a way to identify you like the forum does, and if you decide to buy a new tool down the road, it helps expedite the checkout process. It also lets you add stuff to a personal "wishlist"

Thanks Kevin and Tammy for letting me be part of this project. I consider myself to be LogRite tools biggest fan and Kevin and Tammy our dear friends so it was an honor to be able to create the new website.  :)

www.logrite.com

(if you have visited logrite recently, and still get the old page, refresh the page)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ed

Looks great! Easy to navagate and not all cluttered up.

Ed

Buck

Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Mark Wentzell

POSTON WIDEHEAD

In all seriousness....a  really GREAT professional job on building the LOGRITE website.

Love the pics!

Maybe we should call Jeff, Magicman.  :)

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Riggs

Looks really good Jeff. Easy to tell that a lot of work went into it.
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

Warbird

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Tam-i-am

Thanks Jeff for all your hard work!

I love the way Jeff used pics from the FF members.  I see several places where we could put more so send in your pictures.

I love the boy with the sponge bob hat.   ;)
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

John Mc

Great site.  When are they going to put their "Firewoodinator" up there?
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

scsmith42

GREAT looking site!  The only suggestion that I would make is to include a section about the "Logrite Girls" and their timbersports competitions.  It would add a nice personal touch to the site.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

redbeard

Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

fishpharmer

Jeff, I wouldn't expect anything less!  Great website for some great tools. 
I have a canthook, peavey and a hookaroon, all are very usefull.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Jeff

Quote from: scsmith42 on September 08, 2012, 10:53:07 PM
GREAT looking site!  The only suggestion that I would make is to include a section about the "Logrite Girls" and their timbersports competitions.  It would add a nice personal touch to the site.

Already in the works.

Mooseherder

Quote from: fishpharmer on September 09, 2012, 10:07:57 AM
Jeff, I wouldn't expect anything less!  Great website for some great tools. 
I have a canthook, peavey and a hookaroon, all are very usefull.

I'm positive you also have the blue creeper. ;D
I still have some of the predecessor in green along with a mill special and a log scale.

Brad_bb

One thing I've noticed that has been key in my purchase decisions, is product videos. Having videos showing how to use the products, all the uses, the products in action, are key to conveying why I need them.  One website that does a great job of this is fastcap.com.  I've looked at products on their site and passed them by, but once I watched the videos, I bought 5 times more stuff than I had intended to originally. 

Product videos are pretty darn easy to make as well.  You can film them with your iphone(or any video capture device).  You can even be your own camera man using the ipole or mini ipole=>http://youtu.be/BhB-Nwdbeig from Fastcap.

I use the Windows movie maker editor that came with my computer.  It's pretty intuitive.  Easy peasy.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Jeff

Brad_bb

Jeff, I just clicked on the link you provided and I sat there searching for the video.  It took me several hard looks before I saw the video tab. 

This same thing happened when I viewed the site before posting.  The video tab did not catch my eye, so I didn't think there were any videos.

Do you see how fastcap has a video icon or avatar prominantly displayed?  It's much more visible and easy for the eye to spot it as a video.  If you can get the potential customer to watch the video, you're far more likely to turn them into an actual customer.  Making that video icon stand out is key in my opinion.  The dull grey tab, and it's placement does not stand out.  Videos are very powerful selling tools and they need to be taken full advantage of. 

Maybe even put video icons prominantly on the front page so people can instantly click on the them?  Having them buried down on each product page(though needed there also) doesn't make them easy to watch if you want to quickly look at the products when you land at the site.  It's all about hooking their interest (pun intended), and keeping them there. 
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Jeff

We'll take your ideas into consideration, but they will need to be weighed against things like the messages we got already that mentioned that they loved the video information with no mention of them being hard to find.

Burlkraft

Why not just 1 pain free day?

Jeff

Taking a Nod from your observations Brad, I simply switched the default operation tab, which featured photos, with the video tab to make it the default. This put the video in the first field of view below the initial product description.

Personally, I think it is just a matter of taste for most people, and for many, who don't do videos, they think the exact opposite that you do, but after okaying it with Tamiam, I made the switch since it was easy.

Jeff

beenthere

I've enjoyed using the Logrite gloves for several years now. Had to give up one pair for my bride. She likes.

Very good leather.

Now we know how to get them on.  OJ should have had this video for some instructions.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Warbird

Hmm.  Going to have to buy a couple pairs of those.

*edit*  And as it happens, this is my 5000th post.  A most worthy thread to have had it happen in.  :)

Thank You Sponsors!