iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wild turkey got me today

Started by Joanie, September 04, 2012, 05:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joanie

We was falling a pine tree, the boss miss judged the lean, pinched the saw. He went to get the dozer to push, I got the saw out, and was running, Bam down came a limb. My left sholder is so sore. I bet it will be black and blue later.
Yes this gal loves Grease and saw dust. Oh and my cat and my honey.
Lt40hd 24hp Onan, Husky 359 that runs when it wants to, Polan Wood Shark at the mill,starts every time, 1994 Jeep YJ.

isawlogs

Never good to hear of anyone having an injury, sure happy that it did not get you on the nuggin', A friend of mine got hit similar to that but the limb got him on the back side across the neck.  Play safe out there!!!
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

POSTON WIDEHEAD

WILD TURKEY might do you some good now......it'll make you forget the pain. :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Sorry Joanie.  It seems that even if we are careful, stuff still happens. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Joanie

I think if the boss would have stoped pushing as I was getting out of the way, I wouldn't  have got hit. Your right Magicman you can be Captin Carefull and still get hurt. I'm alternating with ice the heat. One good thing I have class tomorrow so that will give me more time to heal up a bit.
Lt40hd 24hp Onan, Husky 359 that runs when it wants to, Polan Wood Shark at the mill,starts every time, 1994 Jeep YJ.

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

PC-Urban-Sawyer

I suspect you could use a medicinal dose of Southern Comfort tonight...

Be Careful!

Herb

Joanie

Quote from: customsawyer on September 04, 2012, 06:42:54 PM
Great that you are okay.
I know it hit my hard hat, and knocked me off my feet. It's amazing what a small 2"xabout 2ft limb can do.
Quote from: PC-Urban-Sawyer on September 04, 2012, 06:44:39 PM
I suspect you could use a medicinal dose of Southern Comfort tonight...

Be Careful!

Herb

I wish I had some. ;D

Sixacresand

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

beenthere

That was a close one.... maybe was a good time to be using a wedge? or two?

Am guessing the boss is feeling a bit guilty for that.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

Good that you were wearing a hard hat.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dan_Shade

when I get a saw stuck that could get smashed while cutting it free, I remove it from the bar.  I'd rather bend up a bar than smash a powerhead.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Bill Gaiche

Glad that it was that small and your ok. When pushing over a tree like that you must push real slow and easy for you can shake those old limbs down on you. bg

Red Clay Hound

Good advice Dan-Shade.   Glad you're ok Joanie! smiley_sweat_drop
2007 Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic with 51 hp. Cat; 2007 Wood-Mizer EG200 Twin Blade Edger; Woodmaster 718 Molder/Planer; Stihl MS460 and MS362 Chainsaws; 2011 John Deere 5065 with JD 553 Loader

Delawhere Jack

Glad you're ok Joanie. Jamieson's.......in small doses..... Wild turkeys hate the stuff!

Al_Smith

Oh let me tell you "Wild Turkey " get me too about 40 years ago and I haven't touched the stuff since .

Joanie

I feel better today. My shoulder is swollen, but I can move my arm a little more today.

Thank You Sponsors!