iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

canadian forest industries magazine

Started by snowstorm, September 03, 2012, 07:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowstorm

dont know if any of you read it. its online. there is a vidieo on there from irving talking about the soft wood pulp market in nb.

lumberjack48

To be a reliable producer you have to stock pile wood so that you have the inventory when they want it.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Mark Wentzell

If irving had it their way they wouldn't buy a single log from any private land owner. They can get crown wood cheaper.
A few months ago they shut down crown pulpwood deliveries to give the private land owners a market for their wood. A few days after this , irving was hauling crown pulpwood, then the ban got lifted. ::) and now their trying to show how receptive they are to private wood but when the gov't cuts off their crown wood supply they ignore it.

I just see them portraying themselves more friendly to the small land owner than they actually appear to be.

I think the ultimate solution is finding another use for pulpwood other than paper. With mills closing the way they are  the market for it is disappearing quickly. I don't know maybe when cellulosic ethanol becomes reality they'll open a plant up here. Maybe a wood fired power plant....

I'm rambling.  :-X

Thank You Sponsors!