iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A work of art.

Started by customsawyer, September 02, 2012, 01:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Your reference to Hop Sing the other day was a real flash-back for me.  Hoss Cartwright  :D.

(Man, you are an old Dude or you watch a whack or re-runs  ;D.)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on September 07, 2012, 09:27:42 PM
Your reference to Hop Sing the other day was a real flash-back for me.  Hoss Cartwright  :D.

(Man, you are an old Dude or you watch a whack or re-runs  ;D.)

That's all I watch. Encore Westerns, TV Land, TCM.....I LOVE old westerns. Bonanza, BIG Valley, Lawman, The Rifleman, Wagon Train, Branded, Sugar Foot, Johnny Rebel, Roy Rogers shows on RFD, and all the Audie Murphy and Jimmy Stewart movies. The movies today are really not good.  :) Getting raedy to watch "Silverado" right now....Good western.

WDH

Two of my favorites were Gunsmoke and Rawhide.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Lud

Mighty fine work, Danny!  Sorry I didn't have the chance to talk more with you at the piggy roast.

I've been working the last eight weeks redoing the den since the wife ordered some new furniture that was delivered yesterday.  Her vision is complete and I helped!     I got a hug too! 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

DanG

I thought maybe the object in question was that reflection of the window.

Poston, that sign in there is partially obscured.  It reads:

Made in Ga under a
Chinaberry tree
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: DanG on September 08, 2012, 05:25:20 PM
I thought maybe the object in question was that reflection of the window.

Poston, that sign in there is partially obscured.  It reads:

Made in Ga under a
Chinaberry tree

:D :D :D Thanks DanG......must have been the glare.  smiley_thumbsup

WDH

I grew up under a chinaberry tree  :).

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on September 08, 2012, 09:53:28 PM
I grew up under a chinaberry tree  :).

You might have  steve_smiley under a Chinaberry tree.  ;D

WDH

Not fit for consumption, for sure.  But, we had some great battles with the berries  ;D.

Hilltop366

I think I get it now, it is something on the wall behind the cabinet glass. Looks like a framed arrow head collection?

WDH

Yes, arrowheads.  In my younger days before sawing and woodworking, I was an avid artifact hunter.  I have about 3000 all together, but they are not all whole and undamaged as these framed ones are.  I have four or five framed displays, the largest has about 80 points.  Here it is above the fireplace mantel. 

The projectile point in the center is awesome, a Savannah River Stemmed point that is about 3000 years old.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Hey Danny......is that the Cedar mannal you were talking about sometime back?

If so....very NICE  smiley_thumbsup.....and so are the framed ROCKS.  ;D

WDH

No, not cedar.  That one is black walnut.

Some of the framed rocks are very old!  My oldest point is dated to about 10,000 years ago. 

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on September 09, 2012, 10:01:59 PM

My oldest point is dated to about 10,000 years ago.

Did you watch them make it?  smiley_old_guy

WDH

No, but I am sure that my great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, Grandpappy made it  :D.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on September 09, 2012, 10:12:41 PM
No, but I am sure that my great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, Grandpappy made it  :D.

You got me rolling NOW!  :D :D :D  YeeYeeYeeYeeYee.....LIVE ACTION!

Dodgy Loner

Wow Danny. That curly cherry is some kinda spectacular. Just wow. And there is nothing like building something for an appreciative recipient. It appears that you have one :)
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Den Socling

Well Danny's a great guy, a master craftsman AND he has a super collection of artifacts. Gee whiz!

Raider Bill

I think he should run for President!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Den Socling

Tree Feller

He would get my vote. Of course, the dogcatcher would too if he was opposing the incumbent.
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

DanG

I wouldn't wish that mess on the dogcatcher, let alone my good friend Danny! :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Okrafarmer

People with as many talents as Danny are usually too wise to run for office!  ;D
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

WDH

I am not a candidate for President  :).  Plus, the White House already has all the furniture that it needs (as opposed to my daughters  :-\).

Thank You Sponsors!