iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A work of art.

Started by customsawyer, September 02, 2012, 01:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

WDH was kind enough to make a hutch for my wife.

Thank you Danny.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Norm

Wow!

What some guys won't do to get a hug.  :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Let's see......which is prettier......

The Lady,
The Man,
or the Hutch?

And the votes are in......ding, ding, ding, ding....We have a winner!

#1. The Lady
#2. The Hutch
#3. Da MAN

Very nice work Danny. And as always, I love looking at your work. You're a GREAT craftsman!  smiley_thumbsup

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

customsawyer

This is Mrs. CustomSawyer: Some folks joke that in order to win the lottery they would first have to purchase a ticket and while money is helpful in life it has never motivated me the way that emotions and experiences do.  I feel as though I am a grand prize winner in life in the ways that matter most to me  because I  am rich in friendship with some of the most beautiful people on the face of this earth.
I have been blessed in this life  by being married to  one of the most giving and caring men I've ever had the privilege to know , blessed to have many women in my life who enrich it by opening their hearts and sharing their insights and gifts with me and also blessed by male friends  like Danny Hamsley who recently took his time, talent, knowledge and resources, mixed  them all together and   created a vision that made this grown women feel like a small child seeing the magic of Disney Land for the first time ever! I truly don't feel entitled to be surrounded by so many wonderful  people in my life.
Thank you Danny for giving me something that money cannot buy. You took a childhood memory that was very dear to me and brought it to life in the form of Grammy's Hutch and I love everything about it. From its history as  a cherry tree that once stood on your land, to knowing that you carefully  hand selected and parted with every beautiful board, caressed them  with love and care for months until  your talent brought them together to form the heirloom that now stands proudly in my country kitchen. When I see this masterpiece, it makes me smile not just because I am warmed by the precious childhood memories it stirs within my heart but also because it stands for all that matters in this life,  all that is truly beautiful and real; love and friendship.
That you would do so much for me, moves me more than any words I know how to bring together to form thoughts. Thank you for being the fine person and friend you are. Lorraine
:)
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

customsawyer

wanted to include this photo.

www.thecustomsawyer.com

Mooseherder

Shotgun

That hutch is certainly a thing of beauty.  Such a nice thank you note you wrote, Mrs. CustomSawyer.  Very well done.  It's really a nifty job, Danny. And even though you may not be the prettiest of the three, as Poston commented, we still think you're sort of cute, Danny.  Glad I'm in Michigan, and not GA at the moment.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Buck

Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Norm

What a great post Lorraine, you remind me of Patty....that's the best compliment I could ever give.

Danny your a good man, and Jake you are one lucky guy!

Magicman

What a wonderful and touching moment that must have been.  Thanks for sharing it with us.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

isawlogs

Wow, actualy, there could be many wows, one for the hutch, one for the hug, and a bigger one for the thank you the mrs wrote that Danny received.
   Danny, it makes me fell very proud to have you on my list of friends. 

On a side note, what won't a guy do for a meal.  ;D   :D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

customsawyer

It was such a great moment to watch my wife dance from foot to foot like a little school girl. I think Danny's smile speaks volumes about the moment.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Larry

Making memories...what a great moment. 

A beautiful heirloom hutch.  You did great WDH.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Tree Feller

Danny, that's why we are woodworkers. The reward of seeing someone so grateful for one of our creations is absolutely priceless. You done good, sir, and you deserve to feel good about it.

Jake, that's a beautiful woman you have there, and I don't mean in appearance, although she isn't lacking there at all. You are a lucky man and I expect, a pretty good one.

Lorraine, you certainly have your priorities in order. Home, hearth, friendship...those are what is important in life.

The hutch is beautiful and so are the pics. Thanks for sharing.
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

Tree Feller

Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

Warbird

That is beautiful - the hutch, the story, and the warmth of friendship amongst good folks.  Thanks for sharing you guys.  Well done.

Okrafarmer

I was glad to see Jake, Lorraine, Danny, and the hutch all for the first time Saturday. I won't comment on what order of beauty the four are in (that's up to POSTON, of course), but I was impressed by all four. Great time, great folks, great wood, great hutch, great thread!
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

WDH

What are friends for?  Lorraine gave me a picture of her Grandmother's hutch.  I had to figure out the proportions from the photo.  I did a little research on step-back hutches to learn about them.  I took cherry that I cut and dried from my tree farm for the main carcass, and I had some curly cherry that I used for the drawer fronts and for the door panels.  The curly cherry was one of those surprises that you find in a log that you did not anticipate.  Here are a few more pics.

The hutch:

The upper cabinet has an open front with adjustable shelves and the back is shiplapped cherry:

The lower cabinet also has adjustable shelves:

I really enjoyed making this piece for Lorraine.  That hug was all the reward that I could ask for!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Peter Drouin

Now thats a nice job and a nice story, best of luck to all. Pete :) :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

ellmoe

Danny you really do nice work and I see that it was well worth the effort. That treasure will be around when we are all long gone.
    Congrats to you both!

Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Riggs

This is just a cool story, thanks to all of you for sharing.
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

bama20a

Lorraine: That was one moving  write-up. I'll be the first man to admit it brought a tear to my eye. :'(
You are so right, there is some things that money can't buy.And true friendship is on top of the list.
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

Texas Ranger

Outstanding, work and friends.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

thecfarm

Mrs customsawyer, I thought I was reading something that Tom had posted.  ;D  I can tell that hutch means alot to you.Like your apron by the way. My wife has one on through the day too. A very nice hutch you made there,Danny.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

giant splinter

Beautiful work and beautiful story to go with it,what a great post and photos showing this special project.
HAPPY LABOR DAY!!
roll with it

Thank You Sponsors!