iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bobcat

Started by Keltic, March 12, 2004, 12:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keltic

As I was on my rounds, (plowing snow for the province), the other morning, I saw a strange looking animal out in a field a couple hundred meters from the road.. Stopped for a look and realized it looked rather dead. Took a walk out and found a mature bobcat. The gut was shrunken and I figured it probably starved. I called Natural Resources and they collected it and the wilflife tech called me later and told me that was likely the case. It was rather sad, nice looking little beast.

EZ

Pretty sad, but thats mother nature I guess. I guess its lucky that it didnt die of some kind of disease.
Last summer my son found a big barn owl dead in a field and they tested it and it die from the west niles desease. :o
EZ

Kevin

Cats, (bobcat and lynx) populations usually cycle with the snoeshoe hare population in this area.

Keltic

Seems the bobcat here are very closely tied to the hare, they are a newer addition then the lynx and not as versitile. They (DNR) are sending that guy to the vet colledge in Prince Edwards  Island to have him checked out.

Frickman

I saw a bobcat while riding the skidder two days ago. I was coming down out with my last trip of the day at about 3:30 and it crossed my trail about forty yards away. Real bashful critter, it was gone before I could take a good look at it. It was the first one I've seen in a while.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Thank You Sponsors!