iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New mill on it's way !!!!

Started by eddiebo, August 30, 2012, 07:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddiebo

Ordered the Hud-Son HFE-21 today. I could afford it without borrowing money. Did a ck with BBB and no bad issues. ($2495) total with free shipping, and the gentleman threw in a 6' extention just because I asked. (FREE). Can't wait to get it and mill some of the pines that our ministry was given.
If you are ashamed of HIM, then surely He will be ashamed of you in His Kingdom.

customsawyer

Congrats on the new mill. Wishing you all the best. Have fun and stay safe.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

cutterboy

It's always best to stay debt free if you can. Good luck on your Hudson. I hope it serves you well.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Sixacresand

Congratulations on acquiring a mill and have fun with it.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Buck

Eddiebo, First of all congrats! Now, secondly, it's a forum rule that if you don't have pics it didn't happen. The challenge is out there....whatcha gonna do?
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Peter Drouin

Good luck and have fun 8) 8) 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

eddiebo

Buck I plan on following the rules and post pics. Maybe a video if I can get one of the youngsters to do it  :D I tried to add pics of the logging progress, and had no luck.
If you are ashamed of HIM, then surely He will be ashamed of you in His Kingdom.

thecfarm

Not a dead tree will be safe now from your mill.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Red Clay Hound

Congratulations eddiebo!  You'll be sawing logs in your sleep waiting on that mill! smiley_blue_bounce
2007 Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic with 51 hp. Cat; 2007 Wood-Mizer EG200 Twin Blade Edger; Woodmaster 718 Molder/Planer; Stihl MS460 and MS362 Chainsaws; 2011 John Deere 5065 with JD 553 Loader

Delawhere Jack

Get a good cant hook two good cant hooks.
Wear long pants when you mill.... (milling is HARSH on unprotected shins  :'().
Keep plenty of stickers handy.........
Don't let walnut dust get into your boots....... a post on my dirty socks coming soon..... :'(
Wear boots........NOT sneakers.
Figure out what to do with slabs.......Got Fireplace?

Be prepared to smile a LOT!  :)

Magicman

Congratulations on your getting a new sawmill, and happy sawing.  Thanks for sharing your joy.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Meadows Miller

Gday

Congrats on the new mill Mate  ;) ;D ;D  8) as has been said Debt Free is the way to go you can always buy a bigger one with the proceeds down the track  ;) ;D

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

slider

come on ,eddiebo ,if i can figure the pix thing you can sail thru it.good luck on the new mill
al glenn

YellowHammer

Congratulations 8). Sounds like you have a good first project lined up for the mill, I'd be interested to hear more about it.
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

eddiebo

I still have possession of my Bookman sawmill for another 3 weeks . The gent that bought it gave me rights to use it until he comes for it. Kinda dont want to in case something goes wrong, but will use it until the Hud-Son gets here. I've been milling since 2006, and got out of it for about 6 months. Got bit early this year and got another. Now the Hud-Son. Cant wait to post reviews on this one. Norwood was great, Bookman was (it cuts), now waiting to ck out the HFE-21 hobby mill. I know what's probably going to happen once it pays for itself, and add a little on top.  :D :D

Hud-Son Forest Equipment

Congrats on your new Economy HFE 21!! How is the mill working out for you so far? Any pictures that you are able to post with projects you are working on?
"There are no secrets to success. It is the results of preperation, hard work, and learning from failures"

eddiebo

The mill is working great. I am sawing all the framing lumber for our new home with it, as well as all the Cedar for our Rustic furniture business. It's no production mill, but it does everything I require of it, and more. Oh we also cut the siding for my wife's resale shop. Lots of savings in a short period of time. All this since I purchases it in September.

Will post latest progress all framed in . 

5quarter

eddiebo...Mobile park bench.  Absolutely brilliant!

;)

How about some action pics?
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

thecfarm

I would like to see pictures of the new mill too!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

eddiebo

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Nice Pic Ed.....I love the pic of the Cedar swing ;D on wheels. You just gave me an idea!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Tree Feller

A belated congratulations on the mill, Eddie. Looks like you got the hang of sawing pretty quickly. It's fun and rewarding, too.
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

thecfarm

eddiebo,if that log was an inch bigger you would of had to whittle it down to fit. I like the wheels on the swing too. :D  You can keep moving it to be in the shade.  :D

Hud-Son Forest Equipment

Great pictures thank you for sharing!!
"There are no secrets to success. It is the results of preperation, hard work, and learning from failures"

Thank You Sponsors!