iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Attention LogRite Tool Owners!

Started by Jeff, August 30, 2012, 10:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Hey everybody, I need some help from the Forestry Forum membership. I am currently working a a brand spanking new website for LogRite Tools and I would like to include some real life photos of the tools with it's owner or in it's working environment and/or better yet, an action shot of the tool in use.  I need pictures for the cant hooks, peaveys, hookaroons, logstands, Arches, saws, sawbuck, log scales, what ever you may have. I'd like you to post the photos in this topic along with the tool model name and length if that applies.I may ask for the original to be emailed to me so I have a higher resolution photo to work from as well.

There are a couple three stipulations on the photos.
1. The tool must be in the logrite blue color. We can't use the specialty colors for this.
2. The tool must be one with the newer logo on it, if the logo is visible in the photo.
3. We can't have competitor tools in the photo, unless its some sort of decrepit old tool that obviously isn't being used any longer. There are several photos on the forum that are pretty good, accept they are taken in a grouping with their wood handled counterparts the owner may still be using.

Thanks!!

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Magicman

Here are all that I have:

Of course, mine has reflective orange tape on it.

The last 3 don't look like they are in a working environment yet.  Just a happy environment.   :) 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Lynn, are those all 60"?   Maybe the first one in the log a 48?   Which are cant hooks in the log shots and which are peaveys?

Jemclimber

lt15

WH_Conley

Not sure if mine have enough paint left on them to call them blue or silver.
Bill

Magicman

Quote from: Jeff on August 30, 2012, 11:45:47 AM
Lynn, are those all 60"?   Maybe the first one in the log a 48?   Which are cant hooks in the log shots and which are peaveys? 

Jeff, all of the pictures are of the same 60" cant hook.  My two 48's are orange.  All of the rest of my pictures have the orange 48's somewhere in the picture.

I can take some action shots this afternoon or tomorrow if you wish.  I could use different logs and people, but they would all be of the same 60" cant hook.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

petefrom bearswamp

I'm old and cheap so all of mine are wood handles.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

John_Haylow

2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

Jeff

Bibbyman, I found a photo of Mary using a Logrite Scale Stick. Any chance you have the original photo yet?

customsawyer

We should be able to get you a few pics at the "Sycamore project". It might even be fun to see who we can get to pose. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

beenthere

Quote from: petefrombearswamp on August 30, 2012, 06:30:46 PM
I'm old and cheap so all of mine are wood handles.
pete
Do yourself a big favor. You won't regret it.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Quote from: customsawyer on August 30, 2012, 06:43:01 PM
We should be able to get you a few pics at the "Sycamore project". It might even be fun to see who we can get to pose. ;D

I don't know how many I can use, but I'd find a way to use something!   8)

customsawyer

You could come on down and take your own pics. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Jeff

That was discussed and seriously considered by Burlkraft and myself. It almost came to be, but I had to make an economics choice of coming down there and not being able to go to the U.P. the rest of the year, or being able to go up to the U.P. a few more times and take care of my land and hunt. The Sycamore lost. ;)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

How much gas money do you need Boss?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Corley5

I've got a well used Logrite cant hook and hookaroon at the firewood machine.  The stickers are long gone if they ever had any.  I'll get some action pics when I get home  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

WDH

Here are a few:

The 78" MegaHook Cant Hook.

The 78" MegaHook and the 60" Cant Hook

Again, the 78" MegaHook and the 60" Cant Hook.

Another of the 78" MegaHook Cant Hook.

Here is an action shop of the 60" Peavy.

60" Peavy (they are handy to stick in the ground so you don't have to bend over to pick them up).

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

paul case

This is the normal work enviorment for my logrite cant hook. In my hand that is. 48''. Oh and it works the best.  PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Okrafarmer

I like your mustache, Paul, I have one to match. I wish I had a cant hook to match.  :-\
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

giant splinter

Bought mine from Wood-Mizer and it is an orange LOGRITE made in USA.
roll with it

redbeard

60" cant hook hanging on sawmill cover shed, I like to stow it like this makes it easy to grab when I need it.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Migal

:) Mine is orange as well but Dang good Craftmanship. oh on the LogRite topic I sure like ( https://forestryforum.com/gallery/albums/userpics/14370/Picture_004.jpg ) Now that's Logging Right  8)
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

T Welsh

Jeff, I do not know if these will work for you. You may have to crop and move in on them. I was at a custom job with no loader and had this egg shaped red Oak that I could not roll unto the mill. Had to dig the LogRite into the log and put the 12000 lb. winch on it and roll it unto the lift arms of the mill. It certainly is not the correct way of using the hook, but it speaks volumes for the tool. I was by myself and had no other choice. Tim

Ga_Boy

Jeff,

Tried to upload a picture in Dan Shade's gallery but old not do this on an IPad.

The picture caption is "Logrite can't".

It's the picture of a me hanging off a mega hook.  Dan has the original picture.  No logo but it's Logrite blue.

10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Dan_Shade

These?   :D

good times

I have a high res of the second one.  The first one is corrupted on my PC.  DR_Buck may have a copy of it though, I think I gave him a CD of all of my pictures from that job.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Nomad

Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

WDH

GA_Boy,

That is the best LogRite picture ever in my opinion.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

barbender

Now everyone on the forum that has a logrite will be making sure their hair is combed, make up is right and always be in a flattering pose when using their tools, just waiting to hear the camers shutters ;D I don't have a logrite yet, I'm thinking a 48" peavey is in my future on the next paying saw job ;)
Too many irons in the fire

Meadows Miller

I dunno  :) :D I cant avoid lookin like a Bloody Ruffnut at the best of times Mate 

???  :)  ::)
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Meadows Miller

Thinkin about it Sawmill & Woodlot has some good pics of Dave Bolstad and Myself using the Blue Tools in the Sawmill Shootout Jeff  ;)
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Tam-i-am

Wow, those are some great pics!
I especially like T Welsh pic of the tool with chain.  Clever!
Not recommended but clever.

I knew the FF members would come through.

Jeff   -   Nomad has a Fetching Arch

Tammy
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Bibbyman

Quote from: Jeff on August 30, 2012, 06:39:05 PM
Bibbyman, I found a photo of Mary using a Logrite Scale Stick. Any chance you have the original photo yet?

I'll have to fire up the old PC or look on a backup.   This copy too compressed?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Ga_Boy

Yep Dan those are the pictures.  We did have a great time on that job.   

WDH, I like those pictures also.  They were taken at the end of the day, we were goofing around before we unloaded that log.  It weighed 10,000 pounds.  We needed to catch our breath before we started trying to get to to roll off the trailer. 

Jeff

I'll have to fire up the old PC or look on a backup.   This copy too compressed?

It will work, in fact I have it on there, but a bigger original would be better.

Ga Mtn Man

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Mooseherder

Not a very good picture of my International Scale Logrite I posted a few years ago.  It is at the mill site waiting for work.

Nomad

Quote from: Jeff on August 31, 2012, 08:29:24 AM
Quote from: nomad on August 31, 2012, 06:42:42 AM
  Got one of these yet?

Which arch is that one?

Jeff, that's the fetching arch with the standard wheels on it.
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Nomad

I suppose I could have read the rest of the replies before I opened my big mouth again. :D
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Dan_Shade

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Jeff

Dan_Shade

Peter Drouin

Maybe this will help Boss, Good luck with your work

I think theres 358 bf, I for get what it said for Bf . I think Im getting old :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Jeff

Anyone using a mill special? Or any of the other arches? Hookaroons?  I have plenty of photos of my arch, the mark7, problem is, there is no mark7 anymore, it was replaced by the buck I think.

WH_Conley

I have 2 mill special's. I will try to get you a pic today or tomorrow.

In Dan's pic I was thinking, "that is a wagon" figured I better shut up before going to the wood shed. Did I type that out loud? ???
Bill

Mooseherder

I have a red mill special in Maine. :-\

beenthere

Jeff
I'll get you a picture with my hookaroon in it.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tree Feller

Here's my 48" cant hook held by my 3 YO grandson, Kaden, logging helper and future sawmiller. As one can tell, he's serious about his tools and work.

Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

Jeff

Brucer

My mill special is blue and silver. I don't think there's any logo left on it. I can grab a photo this weekend if you'd like.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Jeff

I only have room for a certain amount of photos per product. I've used a few of those offered up already, which ya'll will get to see on the launch.  :) I've had a couple that made the cut, then got replaced with a different photo.  Paul Case, I'm sorry, but the little guy in the previous photo kicked yer butt. :D

scsmith42

Quote from: WDH on August 31, 2012, 08:19:28 AM
GA_Boy,

That is the best LogRite picture ever in my opinion.

+1.  That was the first photo that came to mind when I read Jeff's request.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

thecfarm

I remember that picture.  ;D Liked it than, still like it now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

paul case

durn the luck.
I have had my but kicked by littler fellers than that, but I still got a much kewler moustache!  PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Okrafarmer

Quote from: paul case on September 01, 2012, 10:24:30 PM
durn the luck.
I have had my but kicked by littler fellers than that, but I still got a much kewler moustache!  PC

And you have started a trend.
8)
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

beenthere

Of my Hookaroon
Can take a different one with fresh walnut next week, if interested.

south central Wisconsin

Jeff

Nice!  What length is that one? looks like a 30"?

beenthere

south central Wisconsin

Jeff

Here is a peak at the website, with your picture on it. Its not ready yet, but getting close.

http://www.logrite.com/store/

blaze83

here are some fetching arch pictures  2008 model

I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

Norm

Magicman

Whoa, that website will be/is awesome.  Just looking through it has made me want something.  A Hookaroon is in my future, but what length??  It is neat to see how you are selecting and using the pictures.   :)

Chuck White

I want to get myself a hookaroon eventually!

I think I would get a 24" (or so), because I am usually reaching for flitches on the loading arms, waiting to be edged!

Actually a 12" would get me by, because the flitches are only a couple of inches away when I reach across the mill.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Ga_Boy

Great job on the site, easy to move around on and easy to find the different products.

redbeard

had my customer balance a big fir while I clamped it. He was very impressed with the 60" cant hook. I think I sold him on the logrite tools
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

customsawyer

Jeff there is some good pics of the guys on the sycamore project with the 60" peeves.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Bill Gaiche

Looks great Jeff. Just makes you want to buy something. bg

Jeff

We are still looking for more Forestry Forum member photos to include in the new logrite tools website. If you would, take a few minutes to tour the new website, and see if perhaps you might find a product that is lacking a member photo that you might be able to help with.

Thanks!

www.logrite.com

beenthere

What is the meaning "Default Name UP Name Down Price Up Price Down"  ?? 
south central Wisconsin

Shotgun

Beenthere,   My take is "name down" is sort on name/alpha/descending, while "price up" is sort on price/numeric/ascending.  You can figure it out from that point.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

beenthere

Thanks Norm
For the mill special, that works for name, but not for price.
south central Wisconsin

Jeff

The sort links are for sorting multiple pages of products. When you don't  have multiple  pages of products, its purpose is to confuse old guys.

Holmes

Quote from: Jeff on September 13, 2012, 09:50:57 PM
The sort links are for sorting multiple pages of products. When you don't  have multiple  pages of products, its purpose is to confuse old guys.
:D :D  Ayup
Think like a farmer.

beenthere

Sorry, I knew better than to mention it.
south central Wisconsin

Jeff

trapper

Quote from: Jeff on September 13, 2012, 09:50:57 PM
I resemble that remark.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Jeff

Beenthere has brought attention to something I'd never really given thought to though. There really was no need to show the sorting options as there is never multiple pages of products for any given category. It's probably better to not even have it showing.

beenthere

Boss, you are always way ahead of me.
south central Wisconsin

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Jeff on September 14, 2012, 10:23:46 AM
Beenthere has brought attention to something I'd never really given thought to though. There really was no need to show the sorting options as there is never multiple pages of products for any given category. It's probably better to not even have it showing.

Which is exactly the sort of reason you were wise to have us inspect your work!  ;)

Jeff

Ya know, its funny. You can build a website, have a ton of people look at it, then a year later, someone finds a glaring typo or something that everyone had missed up to that point, but once you see it, you can't fathom how it could be missed. Happens all the time. :)

Thank You Sponsors!