iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tom finally got his 60th present when he was 61:-)

Started by CHARLIE, March 11, 2004, 07:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHARLIE

Tom, I've about got your 60th birthday present ready to ship. Hope to have it in the mail either tomorrow or Monday. I wanted to give you a birthday gift for your 60th birthday 'cause it is sort of a milestone.......besides......I think I remember telling you I was gonna give you one. :D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Tom

CHARLIE

Nope...you didn't skip it 'cause I remember you had a big celebration.  I realize the gift will be about a year and 4 months late....but I just found the round tuit.  I'll tell you what it is once you get it. It's wooden.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

chet

Holy cow dar Tom. I think I'd skip dat dar birthday too, 60 is really gettin' up dar.    ;D    Naw only kiddin', just couldn't pass up da chance ta give ya a jab.    :D   :D   :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

CHARLIE

Chet, he's way past 60. He's old. It's just that I meant to give him a special gift on his milestone 60th birthday.....it's just that I just got a round tuit. ;D  Of course, I could've mailed it and blamed a late delivery on the post office. :)
Charlie

Fla._Deadheader

Charlie, that would have been a GOOD idea with the US slow mail.  We got our hats delivered yesterday. The guy that dropped them off lives at 119 Filbert.  We live at 119 Melton. Only 5 blocks away ::) ::)

We meet most of our neighbors during "mail swapping" sessions.

No sense talking to the Post Office, they would figger that the job was well done ::) ::) ::)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Norm

I wouldn't trust the US mail service if I were you Charlie. Instead drive on down and drop it off with me. I promise the next time Tom stops in to give it to em. ;D

Speaking of mail service ours has gotten so bad in the last year we can hardly trust it for most things. Most of the real important stuff I've gotten to using direct bill or cc payment to them. On an almost weekly basis the neighbor and I exchange mail. Some we never get, some who it's destined for never gets it. The local postmaster says it's not their fault. Try to explain that to someone, oh yeah checks in the mail. :D

Bro. Noble

Some of these postmasters are real jerks  >:(

I sent a letter to a lumberyard in a local town which is small enough that the postmaster knows about everyone in town and certainly the businesses.  The letter was returned because they didn't have a mailbox at that address.  Looks to me like they could have put in their PO box :-/

Twenty five years ago my Dad broke his leg and was in a hospital in Springfield,  80 miles away.  My grandma was still living then and sent Dad a get well card.  She only had his name and room number on the envelop-----absolutely nothing else.  The postmaster in the same little town in the above incident evidentally knew Dad had broken his leg and found out what hospital he was in.  In anycase,  the card got delivered.

Oh,  for the good old days :)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

DanG

Our "mailman" won't even return my wave. I failed to recieve my paycheck, a while back, and the "postmaster" said it couldn't have been misdelivered. I asked her how it was that I get everybody else's mail, so why wouldn't I assume that somebody else is getting mine?  I got no answer. :-/  Our own "mailman" seems to have something of a racial problem.  He is surly, and only goes through the motions of doing his job. I could go on, but I think you probably get my drift. I ain't happy with the USPS! >:(
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Bro. Noble

We have the same problem of getting the neighbor's mail and they ours.  One neighbor wrote on one of these missdelivered letters that it didn't belong in their box.  Next day,  she had a nasty letter from the postmaster that she was never to write on someone else's mail :-/

By the way, Tom,  happy unbirthday ;D  Hope you enjoyed the card and all the money I sent you,  It did come in the mail today didn't it? ::)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

etat

tryin to catch up Tom!    happy birthday,happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday,    happy birthday,happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday,  happy birthday,happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday,  happy birthday,happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday,  happy birthday,happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday,  happy birthday,happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday, Gosh, maybe I shouldn't a done that, looks like a lot of em that way! :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Duane_Moore

:Dwe'll sender by PONY EXPRESS 8) 8) 8)  Duh---Duane  Happy Birthday.  Tom
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

redpowerd

NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Tom

This is where a fellow should say. "if'n you didn't know how old you was, how old would you think you was?"  
Said by Satchel.
Makes sense. ;D

CHARLIE

Tom, I got your 60th Birthday gift into the mail on Friday. You should have it today unless your mailman is ornery again.  I'll give you a hint. It's a chunk of your favorite type of wood. :D  To bad it took me over a year to get it to you, but I don't feel bad about it.........at all. Just had to find the round tuit.:)
Charlie

Tom

The mail-lady brought it down the driveway at 1 o'clock.  I ran inside, opened it up and tried it right away.  This is going to be fun.  ;D

It's made from a an old pine beam that came from a warehouse.  Charlie figures it grew back in the 1700's.

I like it. ;D

Thanks Charlie. :)

CHARLIE

You're welcome big brother.  I made every piece of that top and it's launcher from a large pine beam that came from a 100 year old warehouse that was torn down in the LaCrosse, Wisconsin area in 2001.  I figured by the size of that beam, the tree had to be from 100 to 150 years old.....maybe older....when it was cut down.  The top and spindle are turned as a unit, so it should spin pretty true.  It's all finished with Watco Danish Oil, buffed real smooth and polished with a coat of carnuba wax.  I hope you have fun with it.  Spin it good and time it to see how long it'll go. 8)

Charlie

Fla._Deadheader

Purdy Slick there, Charlie.  I like it too ;) ;) ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

CHARLIE

Thanks Fla_DH.  It was fun to make. I usually make them using maple, walnut and cherry, but this one is all pine 'cause I know Tom likes pine trees and old stuff.  Hmmmmm...old stuff.......no wonder he likes himself. :D
Charlie

Buzz-sawyer

Charlie
I guess a Brother would know what kinda toys his siblin likes I find it nice that ya'll still like each other enough to give each other heck!
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

CHARLIE

Me thinks Tom is usually on the receiving end. But then that's the priviledge of being his younger brother.  ;D
Charlie

Buzz-sawyer

Show me a rascal of a kid brother and I will show ya a good teacher of a older one ;)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Stan

Y'all gotta ease up on them postmasters. They got a real tough job. I read about one that had to suspend 3 employees for a week, cause they wouldn't stop clockin' in early.  ::) Is it any wonder the mail gets screwed up with them folks constantly dodgin' bullets?  :-/
Good thing you said it was a top, it looked like he was tryin' to start a fire with it.  ;)
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

oldsaw

Better late than never...

Stihl 066 and 36" Alaskan....Come on UPS guy, I'm getting antsy.

So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

Thank You Sponsors!