iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rainy day in Georgia

Started by Sixacresand, August 28, 2012, 04:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixacresand

I know other states are getting more rain than us.  I'm indoors today resting my aches and pains, thinking about milling that huge pine log on my LT10. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Joanie

Well send it up to the northwest corner, I tired of the dust.
Yes this gal loves Grease and saw dust. Oh and my cat and my honey.
Lt40hd 24hp Onan, Husky 359 that runs when it wants to, Polan Wood Shark at the mill,starts every time, 1994 Jeep YJ.

Sixacresand

Quote from: Joanie on August 28, 2012, 05:47:47 PM
Sending rain toward Cloud Canyon.  I hope that is near you. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

DanG

I'm glad y'all are finally getting a squirt of rain up there.  We have had plenty in the northern edge of Fla. and southernmost Ga.  This is the first year in many that we are above normal in rainfall.  It sure is nice, except that mowing is getting real tedious.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Joanie

Quote from: Sixacresand on August 28, 2012, 06:08:08 PM
Quote from: Joanie on August 28, 2012, 05:47:47 PM
Sending rain toward Cloud Canyon.  I hope that is near you.
Yep Cloudland Canyon is just up the mountain from me.
Yes this gal loves Grease and saw dust. Oh and my cat and my honey.
Lt40hd 24hp Onan, Husky 359 that runs when it wants to, Polan Wood Shark at the mill,starts every time, 1994 Jeep YJ.

WDH

It has been real bad again this year around here, DanG.  We are bad below normal.  Maybe this is a new normal.  Issac brought us a whopping 3 tenths of an inch.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Tripp

Rained most of the day here.  Milled in the rain for half of the day with my dad. We cut quite a load of 5 quarter red oak. Some of it was spalted. Real pretty stuff.

Tripp

Magicman

Quote from: Joanie on August 28, 2012, 09:48:42 PMYep Cloudland Canyon is just up the mountain from me. 

Cloudland Canyon State Park was the first campground that we ever stayed in.  Gosh, that was back in 1966.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

It is a nice Park.

I am hoping for a rainy night in Georgia.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!