iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logosol PH260 repair help

Started by crosscutlumber, August 25, 2012, 04:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crosscutlumber

The drive motor for my ph260 became loose and I already had plans to replace the final rubber drive roller.  I have installed the new roller but screws had fallen out and I can't figure out where this one bracket goes. I have called Bailey's and they did not have a good picture of the area I am working on.

I have attached a few different pictures of the area I would like to see on a complete machine.

Does anyone have a drawing or picture of this area?

Thanks, Cross Cut Lumber

2008 woodmizer,  2014 Kubota 6060, logosol planer/molder ph260,  24" powermatic planer.

LOGDOG

Cross Cut Lumber,

Do you have your owner's manual? If not, here's a pdf of one: http://www.logosol.us/cms/downloads/ph260_manual_us-9-06_opt.pdf

Look through there and see if you can find a pic of the area you're looking for. There are schematics at the very end with a parts list. If that doesn't work, I have one and can probably go take a picture of what you need to see if you can give me specifics. Is your PH260 the original model or the newer version where they relocated a couple of the controls? Mine's the original version.

crosscutlumber

logdog

Yes i do have the manual, but thanks for the link. I believe this was purchased new in 2007 which would make it the m2 version.

The bracket on top of the machine was loose and had fallen out. I believe it keeps the motor from swinging to much.  The drive motor hangs on the rubber spindle and can swing back and forth and hit the side of the machine in its current condition.

I think the bracket is attached to the machine where the one arrow points, but not sure how it is attached to the motor.

thanks cross cut lumber

2008 woodmizer,  2014 Kubota 6060, logosol planer/molder ph260,  24" powermatic planer.

LOGDOG

I'll go out and look at mine in a little bit and try to take some pictures to get to you. PM me your email address and I'll email them to you when I get them.

LOGDOG

Pics are coming your way. It's actually pretty straight forward. Probably take you about 5 minutes to get her going again. You'll have the pics in a few minutes in your email.  :)

crosscutlumber

GREAT Help! logdog

A picture says a thousand words. Now that I see it, I wonder way I didn't figure it out myself.

Thanks again LOGDOG

CrossCutLumber

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

LOGDOG

Quote from: crosscutlumber on August 26, 2012, 05:27:05 PM
GREAT Help! logdog

A picture says a thousand words. Now that I see it, I wonder way I didn't figure it out myself.

Thanks again LOGDOG

CrossCutLumber

Anytime my friend ... :) I know how easy it is to lose your place when you have something torn apart.

Quote from: beenthere on August 26, 2012, 05:33:40 PM
OK, what did we miss?   ::)

You're a picture hound beenthere.  ;)  ;D

drobertson

crosscut, nice, real nice, awsome job on the arrows. Not knowing anything on this, but that looks like it to me too.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

drobertson

My bad, I meant that for logdog, sorry brother, at least someone knows what they are doing. 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

LOGDOG

Actually drobertson, those are his pics. The pics I sent him went directly to his email. I didn't post them here. Glad he's got it figured out though. That's what it's all about.

crosscutlumber

Thanks guys.  I was thinking that the post on the bracket hit the motor and the bracket was bolted through that hole, but the bracket was bolted to the motor and the post went in the hole.

The bolts were missing and had to buy them (metric of course) . Installed this morning and  just ran some boards through. Good as new.

Crosscutlumber

LOGDOG

Glad to hear it. What kind of boards did you run through it? Any pics?

crosscutlumber

Just a few junk boards, nothing interesting at this time.

Litrvodki

Litrvodki

beenthere

Litrvodki
Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

Are you asking about the pictures that Logdog mentioned? 

Do you have a Logosol PH260?

Interested to hear where you are from (can fill out your profile for general location) and more about what you are doing in your country.

Glad you found the Forestry Forum.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Litrvodki

I was in Russia.bought used PH260 partially disassembled.This part is not

Litrvodki

We really bad with logosol, therefore appealed to you.Sorry ea my treatment, I communicate to you through Google translate

Thank You Sponsors!